Shrimp Molt issues?

crazyshrimp

Hi Everyone, this is sort of a last resort as im not sure whats happening in my tank or what could be lacking, im having the same issues Biggie was having in this thread http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5626-Whats-wrong-with-my-BB with some of my shrimp. Some CRS , Mish and a blue bolt is looking the same, Bent with a clear gap behind the head??

WP are:

gh 5

kh 0-1

no ammonia, nitrites, nitrate

ph 6 or a touch under

tds 150

calcium 25 ppm

temp 22-23

ive tried 30% water changes using salty shrimp, started adding genchem beta-g, azoo max balls still not much molting going on...feeding ebita spinach tabs every 2-3 days, tried spinach aswell... have got IAL in the tank.. using ista shrimp soil !

Im really at a loss as to what could be causing this! waiting on genchem biozyme to arrive... willing to try anything at this point in time and all help is appreciated!

Hi Daniel, the clear gap means the shrimp is getting ready to moult. It'll tend to bend/distort itself to "loosen" it's shell. Your WP looks awesome... It's difficult to assess these situations, suggest you ensure a variety of diet, add some mineral powder (benibachi/Mosura), and in a last resort, after ensuring all the above is done, and you're getting desperate, there's the breeding liquid. Unsure whether this is the right advise, as each tank is different, but a lack of Chitosqn in your WP, can cause these issues.