Molting GH and KH

Sleeper

Saw a dead CBS and autopsy showed molting issue as old shall still attached to the body...read a few posts and bought a test kit GH and KH. Found GH is 10-11 and KH 3-4... Obviously too hard...do GH and KH show consistent reading- I mean if both should come at similar value? I read the ideal is 6 does it mean GH or KH? What should I do next? Thanks.:tears_of_joy:

u should do water change. Properly 30% with RO water+salty mineral is the best. GH 10-11 and KH 3-4 is the way too high for crystal. KH have to be 1 and GH 4-5.

+1 agree, your levels are way too high, the ideal for crystals is between 4-6 GH & between 0-2 KH & to answer your question, no they aren't directly related, GH(general hardness) is the level of calcium & magnesium in your water & KH(carbonate hardness) is the level of carbonates in your water. :victorious:

I changed Demineralized water added eheim tort pellets and even some almond leaves...bloody effective within one hour ph dropped from 7.5 to 6.8 GH to 8 KH to 2......it's too quick I think...also ammonia level spiked to 0.5.....but eheim claims to be safe with established tank...