Treating Tank Water for Shrimp

nalkari2001

I am using tank water for water change in my shrimp tank can someone recommend a product to add for the tank water. The substrate is Ista Shrimp Soil. In my Tropheus tanks I am using Aquasonic Rift Lake Water Conditioner is there a similar product to this for shrimp? Thanks in advance Paul

G'day, if you're using RO water, the Salty Shrimp products are highly recommended, just need to match up the TDS etc, and depending on the type of shrimps, there's a salty shrimp product for them. Some of our sponsors sell this product....highly highly recommended.

+1 agree with BB, SaltyShrimp is the way to go but definitely check the TDS, GH & KH of the tank water before you start using it. :encouragement:

I have yellows and chocolates but intend to expand to CRS, CBS, blues. The tank water is stored in a 4000 litre polypropylene tank but not for long periods as I also use it to change the water in other my other tanks which contain Tropheus Moori, Duboisi and various varieties of bristlenose.

The water parameters are PH - 7, KH - 20, GH - 80, CA - 240.

That calcium level is really high, the GH & KH are ok but I'd really like to know what your TDS is, with the Ca being so high I'm guessing it will be really high too. :encouragement:

I do not have any way of checking the TDS I will recheck the CA tomorrow and post the result. Thanks for the help.

Definitely a good idea to get a TDS pen, there is a good cheap Hanna one on eBay for about $35 delivered, very very handy to have. :encouragement: