one of THOSE days

ineke

• HOF Member

Got up all raring to finish my tanks and decided this was the day to catch my Mischlings and TB's. I had been dreading doing this and I was right. I caught them all out and sure enough there were some of the tiniest babies I have seen in there. My eyes aren't the best and I tried for several hours to catch the tiny things. I managed to catch as many as I could see and went on to set up the new tank with substrate plants and water plus the canister from their tank to help make the move easier. All went well until I moved my driftwood, I carefully removed several shrimp clinging on for dear life and was sure I had got them all so off to the new tank with the driftwood. I was moving it around trying to make it look nice when blow me down two female shrimp -one heavily berried jumped onto my hand. Panic - what do I do- the tank might have an ammonia spike from moving the substrate and here were two stow- aways :cower:. I thought after having been moved twice already it was safer to leave them rather than try catching them again and putting back into the temporary tank. So did some water testing and everything was still OK so just need to keep my fingers crossed they will be OK overnight and be reunited with their tank mates in the morning if the WP's are OK.

So I might have thrown out babies with the water but pretty sure I got them all and have just one more tank to fill tomorrow but ran out of substrate so will have to go and buy a bag first. Wish me luck.

Hope their all good would hate someone else to feel the pain of loosing tb and mischling that I felt not to long ago

• HOF Member

If the two girls are OK in the morning and the tests are OK then today was a pretty good day. Only trouble is I have to catch those babies again but at least they are in a small cube with no substrate so should be able to see and count them. The shrimp room is looking pretty good now except for the lighting but the strips of LED's should be here very soon and then it will look much tidier. Will post some pictures soon :)