NoGi's Shrimp Duplex

NoGi

So after shutting down my old tank and getting a new one made I've sort of started setting it up. New tank is using 10mm glass with a 10mm glass divider.

First up was the black vinyl to the back to hide the cables etc... from the front:
post-34-139909864293_thumb.jpg

This time around I want to hang my custom LED kit so I made some brackets to mount the light hanging kit:
post-34-139909864295_thumb.jpg

post-34-13990986429_thumb.jpg

post-34-139909864289_thumb.jpg

Water test.

post-34-139909864286_thumb.jpg

That's about all I've had time to do. I do have a problem with my 2217 classic though, it's leaking :mad: :mad: On the upside, my custom DIY intake works a treat.

Edited by NoGi

I have the same locks on my shrimp tank hahaha do u have small children by any chance ;)

LOL, yeah a 3 and 5 yr old.

Fixed one leak on the 2217, the head was filling with water and leaking out from there :( Lucky I had a spare 2217 to swap the top bit with. One more leak to go, the quick fit taps on the return hose are leaking. Same with my spares. Doh double doh!!!!

You could always get rid of the quick fit tap & run the hose straight to the tank until you get a new one or new seals. :encouragement:

Awesome, the only thing better then setting up a new tank, is when you put the 1st batch of shrimps in......what shrimps are going in ?

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a little time to do some more on this setup. My 2217 is fully operational again, got a new O-ring for the quick release tap which slowed down the leak but not stop it. Changed out the top part with another spare and all the leaks have now stopped. :rockon:

Tonight I installed the Makers LED hanging kit onto the quick connect tubes.

post-34-139909855557_thumb.jpg

post-34-139909855561_thumb.jpg

All level, that's a bonus. :rofl:
post-34-13990985557_thumb.jpg

First resident:
post-34-139909855565_thumb.jpg

Edited by NoGi

• HOF Member

Coming a long a treat Nogi. Wish you had started this thread before I placed my tanks- I forgot I needed backing on the tanks and can see through them but will be fixed soon. Love those tanks they are a nice size.

Great setup & the new residents look stunning!! Great work!!

Nice looks good.If you want me to go through the blue/ blacks and find some blue ones let me know.You can come and get them IF YOU BRING YOUR CAMERA.

Nice shots dude, spewing we didn't get a chance to have a macro 101 at the BBQ, looks like you scored well. :happydance: