Sign in to follow this  
Bunnybom

Essential substance in shrimp survival

ineke

Great thread thanks. I would just like to add that I purchased Black water Extract to use in a couple of tanks . I have a giant Tibee female that has been barren ever since I got her about 12 months ago. I'm happy to say within a few days of adding the extract to the tank she is finally heavily berried- either to a TB/TBM or Mischling. It may be just a coincidence but I have done absolutely nothing different in that tank other than add the extract. The tank has benibachi soil so should have the fulvic acid in there as well. I have added this to several tanks that have saddled females so will watch over the next few days to see if they breed.

How often do we add this product to our tanks ?

jayc

Glad to see Black water extract is working for you too Ineke.

Add more every week, especially when you see shrimplets, I find seems to help survival rates.

Usually during water change.

ineke

This was especially exciting as This is a giant Tibee that was given to me and I can't breed any as I haven't got any Tigers. So her babies will be special. I truly believe it is the Extract and will continue to monitor her and keep fingers crossed she carries them full term.

ineke

Just a little update I am seeing far more molts in my big tank since adding the Blackwater Extract - I haven't been seeing a lot prior to this although plenty of Cherries were breeding but not so much the Crystals so will be interesting to see if my Crystal population expands any quicker.

• Like 1

buck

I was going to see if anyone had used fluvic acid or even humic acid and found this thread so thought id revive it.

I know benibachi have "fluvic grain" and I guess I’m interested with peoples experience with it too, but I thought I’d see if any of the trials that are talked about here came to fruition and  if others have used it and  what they found.