My first CRS deaths

warren63

Came home yesterday to find one of my Crs dead. I checked the paramaters and nothing out of the ordinary. Just put it down to plain old dying. When I came home today there were 2 dead Crs in the tank. Freaked out and water again seems fine and all the other shrimp & shrimplets showing no signs of stress. The only change in this tank has been caused by an air pump dying so their air stone hasn't been working. Note the tank although not currently heated is sitting at about 28 degs. The Cbs in this tank far out number the Crs but no fatalities in the Cbs. Its a 15 litre nano which I do a 10% water change every week with ro water and add shrimpy minerals. As I said testing the water showed nothing special - Tds is 133 ph is 6.4 nitrates/nitrites/ammonia all zero on the api test kit. Appreciate your opinons and suggestions

It could be lower oxygen levels in the heat but you would think they would be showing signs of stress. Were the ones that died adults? I notice the heat seems to get the larger ones first.

It could be lower oxygen levels in the heat but you would think they would be showing signs of stress. Were the ones that died adults? I notice the heat seems to get the larger ones first.

Yes all adults. Just checked the tank again and everyone is going about their business.

Getter the air pump working, and/or increase the surface agitation....espacially during the summer period, O2 levels are critical..

i have experience one time all shrimp going over the top trying to breath air. as my plant is go over the top water surface. this setup i only use regular filter aqua one. then i reliaze especially when hot day or low light. plants doesnt release O2 so much so all shrimp suffer. so i adding 1 more air bubble to the tank and they are back to normal again. although now i use sponge filter (which is include make O2) i still adding another air stone bubble. My tank only 25cm cube. 28 degree celcius? is to high my shrimp starting dead about 25-26 degree. best to keep 21-24 celcius. i keep my portable fan running during this summer, using auto timer. although i still check and adjust regularly as sometimes is super hottt