New Comp

Dean

Hi Guys and girls..

I think we need another little comp but i have no idea what it should be!! lol

But the prizes up for grabs are SKF hats.. i have 5 to give as prizes to some lucky winners.

No the first hat will be given to who ever can come up with a good idea for a comp lol

I will decide the winner of best comp idea and send them 1 hat.

I will cover postage for all winners but wont except responsibility for hats getting squashed in the post :) (so deal with it)

Rules for first comp is

come up with a simple, fun, EASY comp idea for the remaining for hats (4 prizes in total of 1 hat each)

include rules and what ever else is need to make it a comp..

ill decide best idea for a comp by Friday and we will run it over the weekend..

easy as that :)

here is what the hat looks like..

001_zpsea55f5b8.jpg

002_zps8343f769.jpg

SKF's most talented member...SKF's got talent! A clip showing us your skills/talent whatever it may be, for eg. singing, dancing, stand up comedian, etc....

Awesome stuff Dean, the hats look super spunky! :victorious:

How about a coolest signature competition? Have to design a cool signature for your own profile, up to you Dean if existing ones count. :encouragement:

Best design for a NEW SKF "log In" page … due to software restrictions, it needs to be a banner i.e. if several pics, it needs to be combined to one…I'm sure there's a technical name for it :-(

Smallest and prettiest scape competition? I've seen someone tiny tanks (not intended for practical use) including a 10cm glass cube and a scotch glass lol

Best Christmas Tree ^^

can be your traditional or moss or other creative material :)

A guess the number of shrimp comp. Have a picture with a heap of shrimp in there and the correct number of adult shrimp needs to be guessed.

Or an aquatic find a word, where the remaining letters from the find a word spell out something else to do with shrimp.

Awesome stuff Dean' date=' the hats look super spunky! :victorious:

How about a coolest signature competition? Have to design a cool signature for your own profile, up to you Dean if existing ones count. :encouragement:[/quote']

I like that idea ;) lol

Of course you would OzShrimp. :encouragement:

Cause you'd probably win. Luv your sig.

How about a comp that uses the forum's Stats ?

Something like "the most thanks/likes given in x period"; or "the person with the most reps obtained with the least number of posts"; "The most monthly activity"; "the most weekly activity"; or "the most daily activity".

There is a stat called "vBActivity - Stats" with points and level. Not sure what that is, and what is measures.

But you could use that as a category - "Highest Points and level". This is a bit of a mystery to me, but you'd have to find out what makes these points go up, and try to maximise them during the duration of the comp.

Each can be a different prize.

I like the idea of something to do with Christmas. I'm not creative enough to come up with anything though :smiley_simmons:

I like the idea of something to do with Christmas. I'm not creative enough to come up with anything though :smiley_simmons:

Sounds like a great idea ! Get us all in the XMas spirit too :-)

Smallest and prettiest scape competition? I've seen someone tiny tanks (not intended for practical use) including a 10cm glass cube and a scotch glass lol

Love this Idea. I would love to have a shot at it myself but I think it would be a bit to limiting for a SKF comp as some shrimp keepers have no interest in aquascaping.

Love this Idea. I would love to have a shot at it myself but I think it would be a bit to limiting for a SKF comp as some shrimp keepers have no interest in aquascaping.

Woah' date=' that's a bit of a generalisation….I reckon I've got a great eye and unlimited creativity on aquascaping …..i.e. I call this creation "Doomed".. LOL

null-1.jpg

Lol, I will always love that pic BB, too funny! :victorious:

I can hear the Buce addicts screaming now, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hahaha :congratulatory:

Woah' date=' that's a bit of a generalisation….I reckon I've got a great eye and unlimited creativity on aquascaping …..i.e. I call this creation "Doomed".. LOL

null-1.jpg

ROFL is that a Bucephalandra? Awesome scape mate. Really give the "doomed" feeling (for the plant anyway) :P

How about a comp about people making shrimp Christmas ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree?

SKF's most talented member...SKF's got talent! A clip showing us your skills/talent whatever it may be' date=' for eg. singing, dancing, stand up comedian, etc....[/quote']

Yeah! THAT could be very interesting. :D

[/quote']

AWESOME BB! You win! :victorious: