Little yellow thing buzzing around my tank and an update on happenings

ineke

• HOF Member

My large community shrimp tank is in the lounge room and in the late afternoon the sun hits the tank lighting it up very nicely ;its ok I have vertical drapes so in the heat of summer the tank will be shaded; anyway I was having a look at some of the little anaemic looking babies when all of a sudden this really really bright yellow thing came into view. It was a tiny little yellow cherry but its colour was very bright for such a tiny little thing. Made my day - maybe the little anaemic things are Rilis as there are all sorts in the tank and at least one very yellow baby.:D

Still in this tankthe Tibee still has a few eggs so may get a couple of Tibees yet, the Chocolates are berried as are the Rilis, at least 1 Crystal is berried and the baby Crystals are growing very quickly.

In the shrimp room

The mischling tank has at least 3 berried mamas, the Chocolate tank has multiple berried mamas, the Rili tank , well lets not talk about the Rili tank, there are literally hundreds of babies and many berried mamas I just can't keep up with culling that tank. I took a heap of nice Rilis out and also a heap of culls which went outside into the pond. The Blue Velvet tank has berried mamas and some nice blue babies swimming around I can see the improvement in colour already and these are F3 babies now . Michael swapped a few deeper blue Blue Velvets with me so hopefully his male will deepen the colour even more.

The only tank that has no berried girls yet is my Blue (from chocolate ) tank as I only put the shrimp in there yesterday but I know there are a few saddled females and the boys were doing their crazy dance today so no doubt I will have some mamas in there soon. Thank goodness I have two new tanks waiting to be set up. It's all happening here:encouragement:

That's great news Ineke. You must be doing something right in your tanks. Pics of the shrimplets please.

Thats awesome ineke!! It must b something in the air because i have berries an bambinoes everywhere aswell :) good onya

• HOF Member

Thanks guys I guess it's spring time so its breeding time. I have tried to take some pictures but they just aren't clear enough. I've ordered another macro lens for the iPhone as the one I have doesn't seem to work anymore. Will try again over the weekend. :encouragement: