new aquascapping project

michael

Hi guys im new to the aquascapping hobby but im pretty keen to give it a go. My question is i want to make a tank simmilar to this. What rock is best to use to give the appearance of a mountain simmilar to the pic below. post-3833-139909865978_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909863946_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to see this as you go along, I've been getting into looking at some sweet scapes lately, I wish I know what rock to recommend but I'm crap at that sort of thing. This is the latest one I have seen that is my favourite & the guys that designed this tank have done soooo many stunning tank & they always list the specs on the rock, substrate, plants, etc, might be worth a read. :encouragement:

Let me introduce "Pandora"

01welcome_to_pandora_zpsc42cb195.jpg

• HOF Member

Wow some people are just so talented. I would really like to do a nice aqua scape but my efforts always look like a fish tank instead of a shrimp tank. Once I get a few of my projects under way I might try just one decent scape for my cube but I don't hold out much hope:(

I'm guessing you'll want something inert like slate or quartz, I don't know the names of them, Torface used to be the resident rock head but she's busy settling in to her new place in the UK. She may be able to help if you PM her. I'll post up some more ideas for ya as well. :encouragement:

This one is inspired by "The Hobbit"

image_zpse490e99f.jpg

I remember reading the tank journal for this scape a while back. I wish I could find the link but I cant sorry. I do remember reading that the rock used was Volcanic rock though and the plants are HC (Hemianthus callitrichoides) and various mosses. Hope that helps!

These are different, they are from a Turkish site called ADist & the first one is called "Lake Breeze" & the second one is called "Storm Valley". The while site is amazing & very inspirational, here's the link. :encouragement:

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.akvaryumdizaynistanbul.com/site/anasayfa.html&act=url