Blue Cherries

Aquathumb

Just thought I would show off my prize possessions! These are blue cherries from my choc/black colany... enjoy :encouragement:

2013+-+12013+-+12013+-+12013+-+12013+-+1

sorry the pictures are not the best, they would not stop moving around!

• HOF Member

Wootwoot. Congratulations !They are very nice even getting a nice blue on the legs well done! I really like the lighter ones but I guess we have to work on getting those stripes away. I can't wait to get an empty tank so I can separate mine from the chocolates. Do you have bare tanks to see their colour better? I'm not quite sure what to do yet

Great to see more hobbyist focused on the blue cherry…reckon it's a tough one to conquer.

Ineke, although an empty tank may allow us to see the colour of the shrimp better, I wonder whether that will give us a false indication, as I recong they'll be stressed out with the light coloured bottom ? vs a dark substrate, where they will show their true/normal colours ?

• HOF Member

Yes you have a point BB. I'm finding it very hard to make up my mind where to put them. They look their best in benibachi soil with a ph 6.5 but I keep losing them they must have good hiding places.Never mind I will get there in the end especially when I move on a few more shrimp or find somewhere to set up those new tanks:D

Great to see more hobbyist focused on the blue cherry…reckon it's a tough one to conquer.

Ineke' date=' although an empty tank may allow us to see the colour of the shrimp better, I wonder whether that will give us a false indication, as I recong they'll be stressed out with the light coloured bottom ? vs a dark substrate, where they will show their true/normal colours ?[/quote']

Yeah the blue seems quite difficult to stabilize. I hope the chocs are not stressed on white sand, they don't seem to be so far. They have not been hiding nor any change in there eating habbits.

No doubt, well eventualy get there.....blue eggs with the "blue cherries" will proof that the colours been secured ? Not sure whether that's a possibility ?

• HOF Member

Not sure about that . I noticed with interest today that a very dark female has some very light eggs so wondering what is happening there. She is in with some bluish males so will be interesting to see the babies. All my other dark girls have very dark eggs.