Just had to share

ineke

• HOF Member

I found some anaemic looking shrimplets in my big tank last night and thought what the heck who on earth had these? This morning I was still pondering when I looked up my journal where I put berried girls dates and it dawned on me aha its the Yellow Mama berried 25/10 so woohoo I finally have Yellow Shrimplets in my tank. It was a long time coming but woohoo they are here. Down side don't know who she was berried to. Could be Yellow, Chocolate or Rili. I had given up on them and moved them to my large community tank so could turn out yellow Rili with chocolate highlights:)

YAY Ineke! Finally! :congratulatory:

Now you have to get them all out of your community tank again! :smiley_simmons:

• HOF Member

Thanks for that Garny!:( No they will have to stay there as I have three breeding program's that each need two tanks so I'm out of room. I just want a lot of shrimp in that big tank and it will be a while before it gets over run. I will just have to put up with a lot of unusual shrimp:) but then that was my plan originally. If I end up with too many wild types I will have a big pond made under the pergola and they will spent their life out there. Plus by that time I hope my Crystals will have expanded and I won't miss the cherries when I have to remove them:)

• HOF Member

Thanks guys about time though. Looks like when nothing works leave them alone and then woopee!

:cower: Don't even go there BB- it's my birthday tomorrow- my last year of being under 60 but not saying how old I will be :anonymous: Anyhoo I have some money burning a hole in my pocket- I bought 2 new heaters for "spares "and a new pump for "spare"- getting the picture? Could easily slip a tank or two in but no room at the moment. A.L is starting on my other shrimp room very soon that will have a purpose built bench all the way around and power points up high so no chance of electrocuting myself and I'm pretty sure there will be room for 2 x 24" tanks- they are on special for just under $60 at a local shop bet I end up with them before the weekend is over, that is if I can resist those Tibees Masta has for sale!!!!!!. Just incase anyone thinks I will have 2 shrimp rooms no sadly the one I'm in will return to being used as a spare bedroom.

Woohoo!! Congrats on the yellows Ineke!! It's all starting to happen now!!

Happy (almost) Birthday to you, you need another tank or two...... :)

Well done and nice surprise. I know what you mean with tanks. Im up to 4 and just contemplating maybe a custom nano for no. 5. Good luck with the shrimplets!!

• HOF Member

Thanks guys ,Warren the Yellow shrimp story is a bit of an ongoing saga for me- my other Cherries are berried constantly but my Yellows and CRS just weren't breeding for me despite getting everything I was told to get. Yellows are not that hard to breed usually they just weren't doing it for me!!! Sounds like you are getting MTS too good luck with that:D

There's always room for more tanks...lol

why would you want tibee's for ??? They can only produce these...

null-26-1.jpg

not my pic....

not my pic....

Not Yet!!

Why don't a believe you BB! :confused: Lol.

Remember when you get your new tanks Ineke to get a big footprint, don't worry about the height. I just got a 600L x 600W x 400H for my Zebs, I got it secondhand with a stand for $30, pretty pleased with myself on that score. :victorious:

• HOF Member

picture doesn't work but I know they are Mongrels but I like mongrels. I have a few Tibees still from Ninja and 1 girl is finally berried and due in a week or 2, last time she only had a couple of babies but I either lost them among the rilis or they didn't survive. i just like them ,dont know what it is about them, They are showy and have a presence in my tank , always come and see me when I look into the tank, but then I would have to get a Tiger or 2 and I would need anther tank or 2 LOL I'm just off now to buy 2 x 24" tanks before they are all sold.:D Can't use them but gotta have em

• HOF Member
Why don't a believe you BB! :confused: Lol.

Remember when you get your new tanks Ineke to get a big footprint' date=' don't worry about the height. I just got a 600L x 600W x 400H for my Zebs, I got it secondhand with a stand for $30, pretty pleased with myself on that score. :victorious:[/quote']

I have been scouring all the for sale sites and cant find any cubes that size. I wouldnt mind a big cube but everything i see is as high as it is wide and too much wasted height . i asked about having one made to my species and they wanted way too much so 2 x 24 " tanks will do me nicely. i have 2 x 20" tanks and really like them but the 24" will give just a bit more stabilty temp wise.

• HOF Member
There's always room for more tanks...lol

why would you want tibee's for ??? They can only produce these...

null-26-1.jpg

not my pic....

Oh wow it just worked yeah that's what I want I might have to get that female and put her with my panda!!!!!!

A standard build size that I think is perfect for shrimp is 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft, most places sell these but sometimes they have to be ordered in. I'm sure whatever you get will be awesome & make sure you post lots of pics. :encouragement:

• HOF Member

I just got two standard 24" tanks so one side of the room will have all normal rectangle tanks and the other side can have the odd tanks. i wont even be setting the new ones up until the room gets done but as they had a 30% off sale thought i should grab them while i had the money. i will post pictures of the room as it gets done which hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks. the lounge room is being painted as we speak then the kitchen and then my new room. have to decide whether to have free stand shelves or attached to wall as well. the floor has been reinforced with steel beams so will be able to with stand the load which will also be spread over the floor. hubby knows what he's doing so no worries there. its a shame i cant have a rack but it's just not feasible with my bad back and neck so im very happy to have this built for my height.

Very exciting stuff, 30% off is an awesome deal, I probably would have got some for that much. Personally I would have the shelves off the wall so you can get behind them to do any repair, modifications or hide any unsightly lines, cables & hoses. Can't wait to see you're room journal & watch it all come together. :victorious:

• HOF Member

Can't wait for A.L to start it for me it will be nice to have it all neat. At the moment I am making do with sets of draws to hold the tanks and it looks untidy and bitty . Much better when I have storage under the benches for my water bottles too.