Favourite plants?

Jess

Title says it all - what's your favourite aquatic plant? ;)

My favourite is probably Rotala Wallichii, and my shrimp seem to love it too! I really expected it to be too delicate for my clumsly plant-keeping skills, but it's doing quite well so far.

I recently bought some HC and am feeling pretty excited about that as well. The shrimp have been doing some "landscaping" of their own and have unearthed a lot of the stems I've planted, but some are hanging in there and I'd love to get a little carpet growing :)

I am a huge fan of bryophytes, so any moss and pelia is welcome in my tank, one of my favourites is a native pelia I collected, it is very dense, denser than the exotic mini pelia. I have collected a lot of fissidens I am also trialing.

I'm liking blyxa jap and bolbitus fern mosses always welcome got quite a ffew of them in my tanks

I am a huge fan of bryophytes' date=' so any moss and pelia is welcome in my tank, one of my favourites is a native pelia I collected, it is very dense, denser than the exotic mini pelia. I have collected a lot of fissidens I am also trialing.[/quote']

+100 I'm a big moss fan. Manage to squeeze in 8 type of moss into my nano tank ;)

My favourite at the moment is willow moss and any fissidens

Echinodorus vesuvius and peacock moss for me at the moment. Also, coming close are stauro tropica and NL java fern... I keep stems, HC and many others but i just love looking at these 4.

I am a huge fan of bryophytes' date=' so any moss and pelia is welcome in my tank, one of my favourites is a native pelia I collected, it is very dense, denser than the exotic mini pelia. I have collected a lot of fissidens I am also trialing.[/quote']

Wow, native pelia? I'd love to see a photo :D I love the look of mosses but don't have any at the moment.

I love all moss, including java moss.

In stems I really like the look of Syngonanthus Belem.

Here are a few plants that I have manage to keep alive :)

DDB3345D-F000-4796-A85B-6ADF1EEBB601-355-00000083B646B07B.jpg72288473-31DA-4684-B5E0-AD3B7B80E886-355-00000083B0A64B77.jpgD8219F95-D795-433C-81B8-EC7242283EE9-355-00000083AB9EB2C6.jpg

Cheers

Lovely looking tank' date=' Kev! What's that red plant you've got in there? I'd like something like in my tank ^_^[/quote']

That red plant is rotala butterfly.

i also love the marimo and also peacock moss and various eriocaulon's.

I like Blyxia, plenty of room for the baby shrimp to hide from my chocolate gouramis who love the taste of them... Various mosses too, though not a huge marimo ball fan.. I also put some glosso in my 30cm cube for ground cover and like the look of it but it is growing like crazy, may be a bit of work keeping it under control...