King Kongs and Blue Bolts and Pandas, oh my!

K9932

As the title suggests (well not really) im having trouble decided what my first TB should be. I know they are all the similar difficulty but I just cant choose!

Someone help me or shed some light on which ones best?

Haha

• HOF Member

BB will tell you BlueBolts, I will tell you Pandas but in truth they are the pretty much same shrimp just like you have CRS and CBS- basically they are just the different colour variation. I still ask when does a KK become a Panda because it is really the amount of black and white on them. My little KK I now call a panda because his bands have widened.

+1, you have to decide which one you like best as they are all Taiwan Bee so they all require the same level of care. The one which is best is the one you like the most........or you can do what I did & get all of them, hahaha :victorious:

Hehe oh squiggle! If I had the $$$ i would splurge and get them all. But sadly thats not the case

Hey mate, Hmmmm that's a tough one, I had the same problem, I couldn't decide.... so I got some of each:encouragement: oh and don't forget about wine/ruby reds either.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you were asked which you prefer of the three what would your first impulse be?

I would go with that. Good luck, they are all stunning options!

Thats a very good way to put it BB :) I might go looking through some photos tonight :D

Ive heard the WR and RR are a little harder to get a hold of...

If I were you I would get some High generation mischlings, I have F5+ mischlings (from Deans line) who throw out all the types of TB's even when they are bred to each other, so even low on $$$ you can have them all! It may take a few drops from the girls but well worth it! From there you can breed the TBs to each other

I will have some F6+ for sale next week...

First impulse is definately a bold coloured BB, however how would that go with crs and cbs mischlings.. would the pattern come out weird compared to mixing with say a Panda?

Sorry if the above question was silly ^^ :/

Sounds good! I will keep an eye out for your F6's CNgo :D

• HOF Member

No silly questions here remember half the time you just ask what other people are thinking but not game to ask:D

First impulse is definately a bold coloured BB' date=' however how would that go with crs and cbs mischlings.. would the pattern come out weird compared to mixing with say a Panda?[/quote']

I think I depends on what TBs have been used to create the mischlings to gauge what kind of potential offspring you will be likely to get. Some more experienced members will know.

Also, YAY for another BB fan!!

• HOF Member

No they didn't like my water conditions and died even though I had other TB's in that tank. I was extremely upset but luckily some of my mischlings came from one Bluebolt parent so I may get one eventually .

Ooh I just had another question pop into my head.

What if one crossed a bluebolt with a king kong.. would it be half/half or mixed colours and such...?

You will get a mix of both BB's & KK's, might even get some pandas to but more importantly you'll quite possibly get some shadow KK/pandas. :victorious:

So say.. KK cross with a BB.. would the "possible offspring" BB genes be lesser and not as full as the parent BB?

Should be half KK and half BB. Then the babies crossed together have a good chance to get full BB, full KK and half/half mix. (I think)

Interesting. I was afraid mixing two different TB's would result in wild type TB's haha. Silly me

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/594-BB-x-CBS-Minchling-results!!!

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1236-TB-Taiwan-Bee-Breeding-Program

The chart in the 2nd thread gives you an idea of Mendel Law of breeding...

And some awesome reeding results in the 1st thread also...

Hope these help.. ?

Crossing any pure line will give you about a 50% mix(in an ideal world) but genetics are strange & you have dominant & recessive genes, for example out of 20 shrimplets from a F BB x M panda I got 10 BB's, 5 pandas, 4 shadow pandas & 1 KK. Then from another drop I got 14 BB's & 4 pandas & 2 shadows. Then again this is a lot different with a F panda x M BB, genetics are a crazy lotto like that. :victorious: