Chocolate Rilli

newbreed

So, I had an OOPS moment the other day. Looking into my chocolate and CBS tank section I realised not only are there now 3 berried CBS but two of my chocolates (most likely Ineke's girls) are berried also.

This tank is divided with rillis and SW/GB in the other section.

From the color of her eggs it looks as though a cheeky rilli boy has invaded their territory and she has a few yellow eggs showing with the usual brown eggs.

Has anyone had this crossing before? Wondering what to expect....

I will have to separate them, oh another tank!

Had trailed two generations and it threw lots of wild type. Found that using Choc cherries in any program produces lots of wild type :-( gave up on them, but if yours threw out some potential, then we'll help you design your new rack :-)

You have already helped with rack design from your journal thanks sir!!

Am looking t ten tanks and have mentally filled them already!!

Will see what results from this cross, if anything interesting I will post pics!

• HOF Member

Oh no mongrels lol I have a very large tank in the lounge that has Tibees, CBS,CRS, Chocolates, Rilis and Yellows. I have no idea who is meeting who behind the bushes but this is the tank I want to have a rainbow of shrimp in so I'm not worried- yet. Maybe down the track I will decide to seperate out the Crystals but I just want them to breed. Usually Chocolate and other cherry crosses give wild cherry types but who knows you may end up with Rili chocolates????? Depending on your WP's my Chocolates sometimes throw an almost yellow shrimp but they change colour depending on ph. I have to say I have never noticed yellow eggs though. What is it Forrest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get? Crossing shrimp is just like that:cheerful:

Another few weeks and we'll know, hopefully some strong rilli genes and pattern!! And now two berried CRS!! My shrimp seem to be following yours by a few weeks Ineke, please tell me you have some TB berried, so I have a chance!!

• HOF Member

Only mischlings to TB I'm afraid:D I keep my mischlings and TB's together at the moment but once I get a few more I will start taking the Mischling boys out- some of them are a bit young to sex properly but I noticed a few doing the crazy dance so next time a girl moults I will try and catch the boys and put them in with my crystals (mixed tank in the lounge) and add another mix to my rainbow shrimp:encouragement:

Mischling to TB is cool by me. If yours have started then mine will soon, Thanks Ineke!!

• HOF Member

So you have Tigers too don't you? I have a berried Tibee unfortunately don't know if its to a Tibee or a Crystal . I will have to save my pennies and buy a Tiger- that will be a tiger in my tank- that was an old commercial for petrol LOL put a tiger in your tank - dont know how come that popped into my head that's from before you were born me thinks.

Anyway if you have Tigers then going on your theory they should be berried soon too woohoo!

Woohoo, will be watching the Tibees with interest!! Thanks again, my personal Trendsetter!

Get a Tiger in ya tank. Mmm, just before my time, hehe!!

that will be a tiger in my tank-

Hahaha, I remember that add, you'll have to get a tiger tail to hang off the side of your tank like the ones on the fuel cap, lol :smiley_simmons: