Diluting the SW/GB …

BlueBolts

I've got a soft spot for SW/GB's, and have 2+1 (Breeder Box) tanks allocated for them….1st Tank that sits proudly on my desk is my selective breeding project for the SW, and the other are all my culls, including BB Mishling's, and Tibee Mishlings etc….. Interestingly, this tank is starting to produce clear/transparent shrimps ….

null_zps2cb0294b.jpg

null_zps410c832a.jpg

null_zps84a57b13.jpgnull_zps72cf698a.jpg

Have used some of the females to X it with a Wine Red, to possibly selective breed for RedBolt…..anyone got a spare red bolt ?

Are there any shrimp you don't have a soft spot for?!?

Quick query on SW, I have a few and have noticed most have a red base. This normally shows more in the darker area on the head. But I have one that has more of a dark (black/blue) base, it has been noticeable since it was a juvi and hasn't changed as it matures. Have you seen any like that in your breeding programs?

Yes, the "redness" can come from the "clear" in their shell, giving it an appearance of redness through it…

null_zpse1b6f351.jpg

or from old age or food.

The red bolt is like the bluebolt, colour is in their coat..

This pic clearly shows the red in the coating and the pink in the shell…..not quite a red bolt, and a step fwd …..this motivated me to head towards a transparent SW/GB…i.e. breaking down the caridina to it's bare genetics, then introducing then reintroducing the genetics/colour/traits of choice….

bcc8ccae50114993a9b52e35202d7921.jpg

I sound MAD & CRAZY…bhahahahaha

Mad scientist!! But aren't we all!!

• HOF Member

White coat syndrome -I always feel like the mad scientist on water testing day! I have a GB mischling that is looking very red almost like a red bolt. Will try and get a picture tomorrow. Don't know it's breeding its one of Ninja's

BB, The almost Red Bolt is stunning, hopefully more developments soon. Sounds like you might be onto something with the basic clear base and then add the desired traits, hmmm. The possibilities...