What is your favourite shrimp..and why ?

K9932

Was pondering the question myself actually and would like to know others answers. Was it the first shrimp you saw or maybe the most expensive you own?

As the title says..

What is your favourite shrimp..and why ?

;)

Love at 1st sight……the BlueBolts ! The variation of patterns/colours and the rarity of it, made me a shrimp nut. :victorious:

Oh, that's a tough question!

I love solid coloured cherry shrimp in really bright colours. I would like to own a little colony of each colour. :congratulatory:

I also like the lower grades of crystal red shrimp: Candy Cane Shrimp! :triumphant:

Ooo easy.

Sulawesi shrimps.

Like a Caridina dennerli.

Cause they are pretty! But rare.

I don't have any but would really, really love some.

tumblr_mm28a4zSJZ1rvkm67o1_500.jpgSPONGICOLA.jpg

post-404-13990985621_thumb.jpg

post-404-139909856206_thumb.jpg

I'll keep dreaming.

post-3460-139909854798_thumb.jpg

post-3460-139909854801_thumb.jpg

I would have to say it's a close race for spotted head pinto's & sapphire blue OEBT's, the eye's just look evil & the pinto's just look so cool! :encouragement:

• HOF Member

I like the Tibees because they have a feisty demeanour and of course their tiger stripes. I have a few that were given to me but although 1 had a few eggs no babies survived . I have one berried now and hope she gives me a few babies.

Ooo easy.

Sulawesi shrimps.

Like a Caridina dennerli.

Cause they are pretty! But rare.

I don't have any but would really' date=' really love some.

[img']http://31.media.tumblr.com/b1545da0ad21c013656436414f8aa916/tumblr_mm28a4zSJZ1rvkm67o1_500.jpgSPONGICOLA.jpg

post-404-13990985621_thumb.jpg

post-404-139909856206_thumb.jpg

I'll keep dreaming.

Cardinals & Harlequins are amazing(one day the will be mine! but for now, they're too fragile, well that's what I keep telling myself anyway), what are the blue ones? Haven't seen them before. :encouragement:

I love all the different answers!

Its a toughy to choose. . But mine would have to be the Crystal Black shrimp. Basic, but I love the strong, solid black and white. Favourite pattern would be the no entry or mosura flower :D

Cardinals & Harlequins are amazing(one day the will be mine!
You and me. One day they will be mine too!
but for now' date=' they're too fragile, well that's what I keep telling myself anyway), what are the blue ones? Haven't seen them before. :encouragement:[/quote'] ‘Blue Poso’ or Caridina longidigita. Originates from Lake Poso.I think it's a misconception that they are hard to keep. (that's my story I tell myself!)They like high pH (8.5) ... not a problem for Sydney tap water.Temps need to be on the warm side (28-30deg C) - Not an issue for QLD or anyone with a heater.GH (6-7) and KH (4-5) ... Sulawesi salty shrimp + reading the stickies on Ca:MG ratio & why the need for Ca & Mg will help. We know how to control GH & KH not a problem for the average SKF member ;)TDS (75-90) & EC (150-180) ... low-ish.Dissolved Oxygen (6.9 - 7.2) ... that's pretty average for even tap water, let alone a tank with surface agitation.

I have to agree that they sound easy but I have a friend that had some & they said that you need to be regimental with you WC's & that the new water has to be exactly the same as the water in your tank to the precise ppm, degree, etc, before you add the new water to the tank & you have to add it slowly, just like you're acclimatizing them to a new tank. My mate added the water too fast & killed all his & he's no newbie when it comes to shrimp keeping, so I don't think they are as easy as just getting the WP right. :dejection:

Like a good parent I must say I love all of my shrimp the same!!

But really, Bluebolts amaze me and have been my favourite from the minute I laid eyes on them!

I love looking a my tanks each day but smile lots when watching the Bluebolts!

My favourite would have to be Orange Eye Blue Tigers. I don't own any yet but I will one day! I also love Bluebolts, Pandas and Pintos look amazing!

This is so tough..... I love blue shrimp like bluebolts, but I first got interested in shrimp because of Cherry shrimp ( the lovely bog standard red) and crystal reds with their candy cane stripes. Then from disappointment of realising I cant keep crystals without a chiller in CQ I ventured more into native shrimp and have fallen big time for the stunning zebra shrimp and the also interesting confusa...but then there are the ultra fun riffle shrimp with their little fan hands and typhus who are like shrimp on steroids who gallop out of nets when you catch them or the lovely and small blackmore river shrimp and the ever changing chameleon, and who could forget the helicopter hovering Darwin Red Nose shrimp.

If I could jam all of those traits into one shrimp then I would have my favourite shrimp, but until then I will have to love many of them for all different reasons.

• HOF Member

Might as well say I just like shrimp. They are all interesting little beasts and just when I think I like one type another one pops up looking cute. (Still like the Tibees though, feisty little beggars)

Favorite shrimp KK and BB , one day it will happen

Tigers are next favorite , going to start looking for some

Cheers Twellsy