Native MACRO Snails

northboy

At the request of BB there you go mate, I got a couple of Krap shots of a native macro snail.

At this stage I know nothing about them?

Don't even have a name yet, so here they are CUTE and all.

Macrosnails009640x360_zpsbc55f9f8.jpg

Macrosnails003640x360_zpsd17c69ca.jpg

Bob

I will find out in time if they have any bad habits?

I have seen them many times and never bigger that the photo, they are from Barney springs so a environment that is spring feed and cut off from Rocky creek by a series of water falls

Many Questions to answer and I really like snails to

Bob

Nice snails, I am guessing that they will be in the Notopala family similar to Essington and Waterhouse snails. I too will be interested in finding out if they have any nasty habits or if they are better behaved like the other snails mentioned.

Do the ones you collected have very fragile shells? I know waterhouse snails can be very thin shelled.

They are tough little guys and they are all over the rocks we were picking up with the Sea weed on at the top of the first pool, the day you were there I did not notice them.

Bob

No, I don't recall seeing them that day either, in fact the only mollusc I did find that day was a couple of tiny little clams buried in the mud.

I forgot to look at them, I will have to go back with a siv, it is looking like a hot spot for macro molluscs

Have you still got you midgets ?

Bob

Hey Bob,

Were these the ones that were under the rocks that I pointed out at Barney? If so, I've got some good shots of these guys. Will have to post them up.

I think I lost the clams, I cant say I have seen them again since putting them in the tank. I know mussels can be hard to keep alive in aquaria because of their way of feeding.