When selective breeding programs GO BAD !

BlueBolts

Found a orange rilli pattern female in my colony and decided to selective breed by crossing it to my carbon rilli (which shares tanks with my OEBT)...

This morning ..

null_zps1700af65.jpg

Oh well....

Doooooh!!! That sucks dude, hopefully you can get the orange rili program back on track soon. :dejection:

Oh damn!! Sorry to hear BB!! Best laid plans and all....

Happens to us all sometimes, but i am sure you will persevere!!!!!!

I was thinking: Awesome! The orange rili turned into a tiger!!!!

....but then I worked it out :cower:

have you noticed a decline in carbon rilli females in that tank with the tigers?

I've noticed less yellow cherry females in my tank which also has tigers

I have a feeling they are attking them after molt and killing them as they are more aggressive than crystals which were fine with my yellows

I've only recently noticed it actually....you might be on to something :-). Will catch them all tomorrow and make a judgement call. :-)

have you noticed a decline in carbon rilli females in that tank with the tigers?

I've noticed less yellow cherry females in my tank which also has tigers

I have a feeling they are attking them after molt and killing them as they are more aggressive than crystals which were fine with my yellows

Thats a very interesting development dude, a very good piece of info, very observant. :encouragement:

• HOF Member

I think even the Tibees are a bit more aggressive than my other shrimp. They are also a bit bigger and I have even noticed them not very tolerant of the tiny babies, if the babies come near them they flick them away. Still love my Tibees though .