Whats wrong with my BB?

BiGGiE

Hi all

I have noticed lately that my BB hasnt really coloured up much and also it has developed these clear gaps in his shell.

Just wanting to determine what im doing wrong.

Ive also noticed that he doesnt stretch his body out either and stays in this sort of position.

He seems happy swimming around and eating but want to make sure theres not something wrong

Thanks

WP are

GH 6

KH 1

TDS 162 EC 324

Temp 23c

post-34-139909856083_thumb.jpg

post-2005-139909863637_thumb.jpg

Awwww, the BB doesn't appear happy :-(... Ec @324 = TDS @ 207 (0.64 Conversion, we tend to refer to the European WP's. Really need to check your Ca:Mg ratio. How often do you do WC, use RO/Salty Shrimp, Top Ups ...etc, as your TDS maybe made up of more sulphates & chlorides, and not the important minerals etc....

At a guess your Ca:Mg ration is off, and your water is lacking the important minerals. Does appear the bb is trying to moult, so I would very quickly get the above sorted :-)

Water change 20% per week with ro and salty shrimp mineral.

The conversion on my pen is 0.5 so tds is 162

is there somthing im doing wrong?

hope your shrimp will get well soon, sorry i cant help im newbie to shrimp... although i have weird thing happen today my CRS swimming over the top corner like want jump out. only 3 of them doing that. the rest is allright. checking my ammonia, nitrate, ph is all alright.

Yeah hope he will be alright too im just worries about his body position and the clear gaps in the body :(

hope your shrimp will get well soon' date=' sorry i cant help im newbie to shrimp... although i have weird thing happen today my CRS swimming over the top corner like want jump out. only 3 of them doing that. the rest is allright. checking my ammonia, nitrate, ph is all alright.[/quote']

Do u have sufficient surface agitation ?

I have to agree with BB, it does sound like a mineral imbalance, the Ca:Mg ratio is the best place to start. :encouragement: