Seed Shrimp -.-

K9932

Hey fellow SKF members!

So I've been dealing with these little pests for a while now, today I got fed up with them (they just kept multiplying and multiplying!!!) and siphoned the majority of them out.

I have a 4ft divided into 4, yet only one section has these guys in there. I know they are from overfeeding and such and I have reduced feeding a whole lot.

Just wondering if there is an easier way to rid them out of the tank?

Thanks in advance guys !! :victorious:

Why do you want to get rid of them? They won't harm your shrimp, will clean up excess food & aerate the substrate, they are a sign of a healthy tank. :encouragement:

Oh really?

They just look a little un-sightly :/

Also worried that they might not leave any food for my juvie shrimp..

As long as there's a good layer of biofilm, supply plenty of IAL or mulberry leaves & you feed enough powdered foods that won't be a problem. :encouragement: I know they don't look the best but when you think of how they clean the tank & help keep it healthy then you'll change your mind soon enough. :D

I got rid of a infestation

all I did was remove all shrimp(into a external breeder box)

then I killed the lights for like a week or 2 and didn't feed any food

they disappeared quick smart

Thanks squiggle. I 'might' just think about keeping them around for the time being haha

Thanks 2OFUS, it's good to know a way to get rid of them. I've been trying to feed less but they seem to be multiplying by the minute. Guess ill have to do a complete tank clean and starve if I want to lose them :D

I didny think they were that desirable lol. I might keep the rest in there. I already siphoned a fair few out.:p