INTRODUCING! Light Blue cherries from carbon rilli shrimp :P

Gbang

• 2 months later...

here's an update on things :) got ONE super blue from the carbons. i'll concentrate on that one when it's fully mature :D

watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPjAwv-Dgo

Please help me here, I don't want to sound like it's coming from the wrong place as I too have blue cherrys. I can see the froth over the carbons as they are spectacular but enlighten me as to the grades of blue... I have blue that appeared from brown that I bred months ago and thought not much about them. Recently I bought a pack of blues from a breeder that I simply released into my mix bag colony.

They cost me $30 each but I don't quite get the fuss... What is it with blue that we want to see?

Really depends on the eye of the beholder. The only two current cherries that breed true are the light blue cherries from red rilli and now this from carbon rilli. While the carbon rilli breeds true in terms of colour, the variation of patterns is crazy. Many people including myself are trying to create a painted fire type blue from black and chocolate cherries and there's also the cobalt blue type cherry from carbon rilli. Personally I like all types of blue. That's just me. There isn't really a formal grading yet. But once we stabilize blues, we should have the Sakura type grading. But that's ages away. Hope that helps. Beware of breeding blues from red rilli and blues from chocolates. Because of the base colours being different.... There's a huge chance of uncertainty in colours later

Awesome true blue velvets Gbang...Please post some more pics...Love the colours & patterns....:worthy:

Truly beautiful shrimp, I love the blues, probably the dark blues over the pale but they are all stunning.

I must have blue gene red cherry shrimp in my lot, since some of my females go a pale blue over night and then colour back up to red as soon as the lights come back on, very weird.

Really depends on the eye of the beholder. The only two current cherries that breed true are the light blue cherries from red rilli and now this from carbon rilli. While the carbon rilli breeds true in terms of colour' date=' the variation of patterns is crazy. Many people including myself are trying to create a painted fire type blue from black and chocolate cherries and there's also the cobalt blue type cherry from carbon rilli. Personally I like all types of blue. That's just me. There isn't really a formal grading yet. But once we stabilize blues, we should have the Sakura type grading. But that's ages away. Hope that helps. Beware of breeding blues from red rilli and blues from chocolates. Because of the base colours being different.... There's a huge chance of uncertainty in colours later[/quote']

+1 completely agree, we are definitely a fair way away from secured lines & a serious grading system. :encouragement:

• 2 months later...

Those carbon rillis look amazing, one of the best types of cherries i have seen for sure :D