Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

Ok here goes my first attempt at solo aquascaping

blackcat

Today I purchased the first supplies for my aquascape whilst at the Melbourne Shrimp & Scape Show...

apatudu6.jpg

The tank...

3uza5epa.jpgajabu9yb.jpg

Filtration choice

The tools for the scape ...purchased at SubScape y7amypub.jpg

I have chosen river sand as the substrate and some hornwood for scaping.

e2y3ete8.jpg

The rocks :-)

6yga9u8y.jpg

The rock layout was decided in the shop this afternoon.

I am yet to remove the thermometer off the tank front.... so lets just pretend its not there.

y9a9ezyh.jpg

The riversand and timber piece in position. The timber was chosen as it was a similar curve as the rock and the similarities were something I thought coukd work well.

ederemav.jpg

This is a new moss that SS stocked for the first time called MT moss and I decided to mount it on a slim rock and use it as a ground cover plant.

ytevu3a3.jpg

Chocsholic cup aiding in the gentle filling of the tank

huhe5y6u.jpg

Plants in place and then it was a DOHHHH MOMENT when we realized the fiktration was still in the box damnnnnnnn so we put that in place and primed it .... that resulted in a few disturbances and upsets of the scape... but we got it going a9e7a5yv.jpg

The finished product

The moss choice was werping moss and some needle java for the rock facesgamehequ.jpg7e5u2azu.jpg

Bit hard to tell but there are some anubias mounted on the wood too

In the background some thin vsl and some (dont know the name whoops)

nypy8ene.jpg

And as a feature suredu6e.jpgmy favourite...

Well thats it thanks for looking and I shall post more pix tomorrow when the tank clears !

Very very happy :D feeling :VICTORIOUS:

Squiggle

Looking very cool, should be a stunning tank when it all grows in, can't wait to see it when it clears. :encouragement:

blackcat
Looking very cool' date=' should be a stunning tank when it all grows in, can't wait to see it when it clears. :encouragement:[/quote']

Thank you .. I was feeling inspired by all the gorgeous scapes I saw today :-) ... awesome to meet u too ...guess whats going into this tank ??

Squiggle

Uuuuuuuummmmmmmmm, Endlers? :victorious:

It was awesome to meet you & the fam too. :encouragement:

blackcat

Hehhhehe you guessed ;-) ..... :congratulatory: what kind ???

Squiggle

I know you want Chillis but I reckon you should go the black bars & put the blonde girls with your other blonde ones. :victorious:

But that's just me.

Garnelchen

Wow Deniz! You only went to the Shrimp 'n Scape Show a few hours ago and you already are setting up a new tank. :applause:

I think endlers is a very good choice. I'm trying to keep this a secret, but I love endlers more than Shrimp :o (...so don't tell anyone please!)

Can't wait for the tank to clear up! I love those rocks!

newbreed

Wow!! Now that's inspiration in action! Great finish to an awesome day, you have done an awesome job there Denise!! Look forward to updates on this as it all starts growing!! :)

ineke

Awesome blackcat. I have yet to venture into aquascaping so look forward to watching yours grow:encouragement:

blackcat

Thanks for all the encouragement peeps ...I was indeed inspired :-) ... its only a simple scape but I think with the colours of the endlers in there it will be awesome ...well I hope ;-)

Shrimp Aqua

New tank scape

Hey Blackcat, The val in the last shot, what name variety did you buy it as? Contortionist or Biwanensis, i would be really interested to know. If it is Biwanensis you have a really beautiful plant when it becomes established.

blackcat
Hey Blackcat' date=' The val in the last shot, what name variety did you buy it as? Contortionist or Biwanensis, i would be really interested to know. If it is Biwanensis you have a really beautiful plant when it becomes established.[/quote']

Ummmmmm funny thing is it was sent with sone shrimp for them to hold onto lol so I have no idea what it is I just looooovvveeee it

blackcat

Tapatalk is letting me only post pix periodically.... so if I dont post any thats y

blackcat

Yay its allowed me to post a pic ...here is the tank again... I ts starting to clear up a bit. 2u9u2eve.jpg

The hornwood has been my biggest challenge, I had to sit it on a plain river rock which is hidden behind the scape rock, to keep it upright so it follows the curvature of the rock itself. Maybe this chqllenge will help me keep my hands out of the tank ahhahh as any slight mivement eesults in it slipping grrrrr ..... will need to work out how to mount it better and keep it in position.

Squiggle

Looking very cool blackcat, starting to clear nicely! :victorious: If the plant is behind the rock & out of sight why don't you Supaglue it in place, a few drops here & there should keep it in position, just an idea. :encouragement:

Wraithie

The driftwood jay :)

Squiggle

Hahaha, lysdexia kickin in there, doh! :stupid: I have seen driftwood stuck to the glass with a spot of silicone, only thing is you would have to make sure the wood & glass is completely dry. :encouragement:

CNgo2006
Hahaha' date=' lysdexia kickin in there, doh! :stupid: I have seen driftwood stuck to the glass with a spot of silicone, only thing is you would have to make sure the wood & glass is completely dry. :encouragement:[/quote']

I have seen driftwood stuck on glass via a couple of stainless steel screw and suction cups...looked pretty damn cool!

blackcat

Hmmm some interesting suggestions there :-) shall take it under advisement

blackcat

su4u7e2e.jpgasypatab.jpg

I how exciting yeeehahhhh

Thank you Mr Squiggle WHOOHHOOOOO U ROCK

e7y5azy6.jpg

Cant wait to share once they are in yay :excited:

Squiggle

Starting to look amazing, glad you like them, make sure you keep them separate as the two colour variations will cross breed & mess up the colours.

ineke

Tank is looking great, those rocks are awesome. Good one Squiggs your Endlers rock:encouragement:

Garnelchen

Looking very good! :applause:

blackcat

yme5y5yd.jpg

Annnd their in :-D I am now about to do the blonde endlers :-) :VICTORIOUS:

newbreed

Looking really awesome!! Well done Denise!!