Shrimp with Apistos

Adro

Is it possible to keep shrimp with apistogramma cacatuoides? If so, which types will work best with similar wp?

Depends are the shrimp you are going to keep with them, feeder shrimp? LOL! The only fish i would keep with shrimp are flat sucker fish like borneo suckers...

Hmm, Well that sux. I had 2 tanks ready to start cycling, one for Shrimp and one for the Apisto's (The wifes). One of the tanks I bought has a leak in it so now it is a debate with the missus on what the remaining tank will have in it.

Spewing dude, tough choice, if you're smart you'll do Apisto's cause you can fix the tank, but if you're stubborn you can try for shrimp but I'm sure that won't go down too well, lol :encouragement:

Haha very good call, just found out we are moving house in January so may be wise to wait till then to set up properly anyway

I made the same mistake when I first started I kept some rcs with Bolivian rams... Boy did I witness a massacre... But to my surprise, there is still a massive population in that tank.. They just stay under the driftwood all the time and on occasions you might see one or two but when you do a gravel clean you can see all of them and their shimplets.