Sad Day

lachie1998

well today my golden bee commited suiside:sorrow: everyone else seems fine.

DSCN4241.jpg

:sorrow:

Suicide, as in jumped out ? That's devastating....often switching the lights on at night, can spook them casing them to jump, so need to be weary of that.....sorry for your loss.....:-(

it jumped out at the back and wasnt far from the tank, say 7cm.

i always let them wake up at sunrise cause thats when i wake up so the light slowly comes into there tank from the window and once the sun is at full strength i turn the light on.

Dont worry BB there still will be free shrimp for people just not from a golden bee.

Mate, so sorry for your loss. Hope there is another one in the wind.

now my ss is berried so now im not so sad, hopefully dad might be the GB!

DSCN4245.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss Lachie. I cried my eyes out when my first Red Cherry Shrimp died. It's amazing how attached we can get so such little critters.

Hopefully your SS will have some beautiful little shrimplets to help fill the void.

yesterday after reading this very post i went out to the shrimp room and found my young wr male dead :( i was absolutely devastated, but then i noticed the first berried cbs girl in my new tank so i was relieved and happy... but THEN this morning i went out to gaze at her pregnant beauty only to find her belly up :( unfortunately i think it was too late to try and save the eggs.

But alas we all go through it and we take the good with the bad..

congrats on your berried ss lachie all the best bud.

Sorry to hear Brad :sorrow: he was a stunning specimen, maybe i shouldnt post anymore bad threads?? only positive ones.