Completed - Woolworths Animal Cards

BlueBolts

Finally, completed my daughters collection of the Woolworths Animal Cards ! Drove to 3 different places today just to do swaps, and NOW she's one happy girl ! Thank goodness its over, now back to my shrimp tanks !

• HOF Member

Awww your one sweet Daddy .I keep getting them for my grand children but they don't know anything about them. Is there a book they go into.

I saw one of these trading groups for the first time last weekend. Crazy..... Practically climbing over each other

Yeah, the book cost $8 (?), and its worth the collection, as it's full of great info, games etc for the kids. I have a stack of duplicate cards if you want them....I think the promo finishes this week, but woolworths been organsing swap meets in their supermarkets, or gumtree for swaps etc.... just say the words and I'll send you my daughters duplicates ....

• HOF Member

Thanks BB. But I haven't got heaps of them as I don't shop much at Woolworths and as the twins would need a book each I might cause more trouble than its worth. I didn't realise there was a book or that the promo was finishing yet.

Hahaha, that's too funny! :congratulatory:

You're such a sucker dad BB, just like me! My daughter has me wrapped round her little finger, lol :smiley_simmons:

We (little Draven that is) are collecting the cards too....still missing 7 cards though :(

We (little Draven that is) are collecting the cards too....still missing 7 cards though :(

What are the card #'s you're missing?

What are the card #'s you're missing?

# 4, 29, 32, 35, 75, 81 and 105 :)

# 4' date=' 29, 32, 35, 75, 81 and 105 :)[/quote']

Haven't got duplicates of 4 & 29, but will post the rest to you today. :-)

We should start a trade thread, one of my daughters has a complete book and my older one is nearly there but I have heaps of doubles and triples.

If theirs enough interest I will post a thread with all the cards I could swap.

As for the naughty word its 5 rows across and 8 rows down on the rainforest find a word. I hate for you to miss out bb lol.

Cheers mick

LOL, searched for it as soon as I was made aware of it. I've got all my cards now, and have a huge stack too.....perhaps easier for whoever needs a particular card to post it up ? What card is you daughter missing ?

Haven't got duplicates of 4 & 29' date=' but will post the rest to you today. :-)[/quote']

Thank you very much BB.

We have heaps of doubles too....so if anyone is still missing cards, let me know which ones. :encouragement:

Hi Guys,

In the same situation, got 2 kids both trying to complete their books.

We're looking for the following numbers - 28, 50, 54, 58 x 2, 60x2, 73, 77x2, 81 and 104

And the following available to trade - 3, 4, 9, 11, 12, 14, 19, 21, 22, 24, 27, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 43, 45, 47, 48, 55, 56, 59, 61, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69, 70, 71, 74, 75, 76, 82, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 100, 102, 103, 105, 106, 108.

Can anybody help? 2 Kids very keen to complete their books LOL

- KiwiBigD

We're looking for the following numbers - 28' date=' 50, 54, 58 x 2, 60x2, 73, 77x2, 81 and 104

[/quote']

I can send you 28, 54, 58x2, 60, 73, 77x2 and 104 :encouragement:

PM me your address.

Ive got 50 & 60, and out of all these cards, I haven't got a 81 :-(

null_zps7433394f.jpg

Will post it out tomorrow

• HOF Member

I Have # 1,3,4,6,7,15,18,20,29,34,36,39,41,43,45,54,66,67,70,71*2,75,78*2,84,88*2,90,94*2,93,99

Let me know if you want any:)

Thanks guys, think we've got the last couple sorted now, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Suspect we're heading to Taronga Zoo as well next month. Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

Great they're bringing it back, suspect it may be a different set as the current lot can only be claimed for the childrens ticket until the 30th November.

Personally I'm happy seeing the kids learning about such a wide and diverse range of animals and critters, great to see the enthusiasm.

Surely better than Coles's 'One Direction' comp!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• beanbag
      Update to say that after a few gravel vacs, front wall scrub, moss / floating plant trim, that the condition seems to have improved.  My current theory is that it is due to waste / debris management, where "stuff" like that brown mulm accumulates in the substrate and behind the HMF filters.  Maybe some tanks can somehow deal with it, but mine can't.  Also another experienced shrimper suggested that maybe those "shell bugs" don't just live on the shrimps but also in this debris.  Maybe this is the reason some tanks fail due to "old tank syndrome" where all they need is a good gravel vac? Also, I am guessing that plant trim helps too because now more of the nutrients and light go into growing algae instead of more plants? Well anyway for this tank I will try weekly water change and monthly gravel vac / plant trim.  For my next tank, I'm thinking of something like an under-gravel system where this mulm can fall down and I vac it out.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Good to have an update and good to hear you are getting shrimplets, so hopefully your colony will continue and you may not get to the point where you have to cull some to stop over population. These type of shrimp only live 12 - 18 months so the adult deaths may be natural? If you have the time I would do weekly 25% water changes, adding the new water via a drip system and do some vacuuming clean of the substrate each week, even if only a different bit each week! See if that helps in a few months and if it does then stick with that regime? It should help reduce any build-ups that may be occuring!
    • beanbag
      Hello again, much belated update: The tank still has "cycles" of 1-2 month "good streaks" where everybody seems to be doing well, and then a bad streak where the short antenna problem shows up again, and a shrimp dies once every few days.  I am not sure what causes things to go bad, but usually over the course of a few days I will start to see more shrimp quietly standing on the HMF filter, and so I know something is wrong.  Since I am not "doing anything" besides the regular 1-2 week water changes, I just assume that something bad is building up.  Here's a list of things that I've tried that are supposed to be "can't hurt" but didn't prevent the problem either: Dose every other day with Shrimp Fit (very small dose, and the shrimp seem to like it) Sotching Oxydator Seachem Purigen to keep the nitrates lower Keeping the pH below 5.5 with peat Things that I don't do often, so could possibly "reset" the tank back to a good streak, are gravel vac and plant trim, so maybe time to try those again. One other problem I used to have was that sometimes a shrimp would suddenly stop eating with a full or partially full digestive tract that doesn't clear out, and then the shrimp will die within a few days.  I suspected it was one of the foods in my rotation - Shrimp Nature Infection, which contains a bunch of herbal plant things.  I've had this in my food rotation for a few years now and generally didn't seem to cause problems, but I removed it from the rotation anyway.  I don't have a lot of adult Golden Bees at this point so I can't really tell if it worked or not. Overall the tank is not too bad - during the good streaks occasionally a shrimp will get berried and hatch babies with a 33-50% survival rate.  So while there are fewer adults now, there are also a bunch of babies roaming around.  I guess this tank will stagger on, but I really do need to take the time to start up a new tank.  (or figure out the problem)
    • jayc
      If that is the offspring, then the parents are unlikely to be PRL. I tend to agree with you. There are very few PRLs in Australia. And any that claim to be needs to show proof. PRL genes have to start as PRL. CRS that breed true after x generations doesn't turn it into a PRL. Neither can a Taiwan bee shrimp turn into a PRL despite how ever many generations. I've never seen a PRL with that sort of red colour. I have on Red Wines and Red Shadows - Taiwan bee shrimps. So somewhere down the line one of your shrimp might have been mixed with Taiwan bees and is no longer PRL. It just tanks one shrimp to mess up the genes of a whole colony. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Sorry, missed this one somehow! The PRL look fantastic and the odd ones look part PRL and part Red wine/Red shadow in the colour. They are still very beautiful but ideally should be seperated to help keep the PRL clean if you can do that.  Nice clear photos!