Yellow cherrry crossed with red cherry, what would I get?

doctr-dan

I have one male Yellow cherry and since I cant see anymore yellows coming my way in the near future I was wondering what would happen if I crossed him With some of my fire red cherrys?

Doc,

From what I understand about genetic's, you won't end up with a colour like you would if they were two different colours of paint being mixed together (red and yellow=orange). You will get whatever the dominant gene is. Most likely red or what ever the natural colouring is. Sorry I can't be more accurate, I've never kept cherries. But as far as I know (without a test tube), there's no cheating genetic's.

Hi Doc, I'm no genetic expert but Jamie's right, as it's about recessive genes etc.... Just curious, why can't you see more yellows your way.... If you have some fire red males, i'll be more then happy to do a trade ?

Hi Doc' date=' I'm no genetic expert but [u']Jamie's right, as it's about recessive genes etc....

Phhheeeeewww!..... I mean, of course I'm right :stupid:....

A broken clock is right twice a day.....

You are most likely to get either Cherry or their wild colour. I'm told those genes are stronger, I've never tried so don't know. I do have a yellow male in with my red rilli females though.

I have heard from a good source that if you cross different neos you will get odd and different colours from time to time

???

There is no such thing as wild yellows or red cherries. They're a selective bred variant.

By crossing different variations you are less likely to create new colours, or variations. And far more likely to take a few steps backwards in their selective breeding for colour and end up with more dull and wild looking Cherries.

Different variations and colours are not created in a single drop, or even year. It takes many drops and years to selectively breed a different or better colour variant.

There is no such thing as wild yellows or red cherries. They're a selective bred variant.

Sorry, that's what I meant by wild colour - their natural colour pre selective breeding.