My Chiller Went on for the First Time

JohnH

So today we had our hottest day since Winter broke and my chiller kicked in for the first time just now on my Crystal tank. It took 7 minutes to drop the temp down 1 deg.

My Crystals love me long time now. :victorious:

Nice one John :encouragement: My temps only went upto 25 on the top rack of tanks. The heater was stilll on :stupid: with thermostat.

The tank temp hit 24 deg when the chiller turned on and then the temp went back down to 23 deg.

I use one of the STC1000 temp controllers off eBay that does both my heater and chiller.

ive seen this on ebay... is it work well for cooling and also heating? need one for my shrimp soon during summer. Please let me know how they works :)

The tank temp hit 24 deg when the chiller turned on and then the temp went back down to 23 deg. I use one of the STC1000 temp controllers off eBay that does both my heater and chiller.

Yeah it works well. You do understand it is just a controller though? You plug your heater and chiller into the STC1000 and it switches them on and off when it needs to to keep the tank at whatever setting.

Hey john,

Great to hear this is working for you, a relief with the heat starting to build up.

Do you plug into them as a normal power point or do you have to wire them in. Also, is it 240V?

Cheers mate, you may have a great solution for many of us.

They take a bit DIY wiring in 240v so unless you are comfortable with electric things, I would be wary.

I used two short extension leads and a plastic container to set mine up

P8100730_zps6209695e.jpg

P8100731_zps8602a122.jpg

stc1000_zpseac71ff9.png