Selective Breeding Green Cherry

BlueBolts

orange rilli....if only mr BB ;)

green cherries!!! dibs on baboes especially from johns lol. but seriously stunning mate great work!

I just found a green cherry in my yellow colony! :congratulatory:

I't's not as green as your's, Marcus...but it is definitely green(ish)

I've got a crappy foto of it and you can see the difference to the yellow cherries up the top...and I swear that in real life he looked much greener than that.

Must keep looking...maybe I find more and then I can breed my own! :triumphant:

post-44-139909856219_thumb.jpg

post-1840-139909854807_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Great Work Garny this might be that little moment where you finally decide a new direction to go in. Weren't you looking for that a while ago:encouragement:

Great Work Garny this might be that little moment where you finally decide a new direction to go in. Weren't you looking for that a while ago:encouragement:

Yes, you are right Ineke! :) I was looking for that!

..and I have decided, that I really like cherries!

Give me a couple of month on my new "green-ish cherry" selective breeding program and I'm going to kick Marcus' butt, hehehe.

But first I must find another green-ish cherry of the opposite sex. :dejection: Oh well! :o

….I'm going to kick Marcus' butt' date=' hehehe.[/quote']

Woah….play nice..LOL.

Have you determined whether it's a male or female ? After observing a colour variant for a while, I deliberately move them to another tank with a different PH, to see whether they remain that colour….if they do, then they go into selective breeding. Good luck

Woah….play nice..LOL.

Have you determined whether it's a male or female ? After observing a colour variant for a while' date=' I deliberately move them to another tank with a different PH, to see whether they remain that colour….if they do, then they go into selective breeding. Good luck[/quote']

No, not really sure. I think it's a male though. :dejection:

I must wait until I see him again which is not easy in an overgrown little cube.

• HOF Member

I had some nice green shrimp from my blue velvets and gave them to Dean- they turned blue in his ph:(

• 1 month later...
  • HOF Member

Very nice Michael :encouragement: Have you tried them at different PH levels?

They're gorgeous Michael... Love the colour and vibrance,best I've seen :-) Do their colour/intensity vary ? Were they always like that ? What's your PH ?

They're gorgeous Michael... Love the colour and vibrance' date='best I've seen :-) Do their colour/intensity vary ? Were they always like that ? What's your PH ?[/quote']

Thanks guys they were breed in a pH of 7.2 and we're green to start with. I culled down my colony and moved the greenest ones to a tank with a pH of 6.3 they breed and I picked the greenest of those. These are what u are seeing. Maybe 20 or so of these quality and currently and a few with nice big saddles

Very nice results Michael!! And new saddles too!! Great start to the year!!

Top stuff! Really loving the green on them, so you've managed to keep the green across a few generations now? I'm curious what do the culls look like? are they coming out just as a lower grade green or are you getting some strange colours popping out?

Very nice work dude, great to see your hard work paying off, can't wait to see how far you can get these to progress! :victorious:

• 1 month later...

Latest pics of my best green cherry

A04402EB-B868-41D6-8F64-D61BCF4AEF3F.jpg

Colony unfortunately not producing consistency in colour, and gonna introduce a green cherry I've found within my yellow cherry colony to intensify and solidify the colour...well, that's the theory anyway...jibdcb

Latest pics of my best green cherry

A04402EB-B868-41D6-8F64-D61BCF4AEF3F.jpg

Colony unfortunately not producing consistency in colour' date= and gonna introduce a green cherry I've found within my yellow cherry colony to intensify and solidify the colour...well, that's the theory anyway...jibdcb

that's beautiful