LOW ph- not on chart

sez0607

Hey guys, just did a ph test and was wondering what the ph is as it's an orangey-yellow and the lowest my API test kit has on chart is pH6.0 and is bright yellow so I was assuming the ph is lower than 6?

Thanks, sorry if it's a silly question :)post-1355-139909864475_thumb.jpg

post-256-139909863135_thumb.jpg

Not sure what it will read but we have very soft water up here and the PH can crash easy, we fix it by adding Coral. The more you add the higher it takes it but add small amount at a time a week apart and test, when it is where you want leave it, you are going to hear all sorts of other fixes but that is the easiest and cheapest, limestone works as well as marble

Bob

There's several hobbyist here keeping caridina shrimps at PH <6. Presume you're using buffering soil, like benibachi ? Is this tank new/cycling, or has the PH dropped drastically ? A PH pen will more accurately tell the exact PH...

I added ial, so was just wondering what ph had dropped to, I don't want to bring it up unless it's unhabitable for tbs.

Sera ph test kits do a low range reading, if that helps. Might be cheaper than a ph pen!! Good luck! Are you using a buffering substrate?

Post more details of your tank, age, substrate, WP etc... and it'll be easier for us to advise. I had my CRS/CBS at around PH 5, and their tank has naturally gone to 5.8-6 over the past 15+ months. To answer your question, breeding in both PH range, is as good as each other....

Not to be silly with this response.

You haven't used the high range indicator solution by mistake??

and, if not, you only used the three drops of the normal ph solution?

How many IAL did you use, and in what water volume?