Fire Red x Choc Red Program

BlueBolts

Been selectively breeding these 2 variants to achieve a more vibrant-darker-solid "red cherry". Program is only in its infancy, with F3's expected within the next 1-2weeks.

Thought I'd share this program stir up some comments & debate on the "dilution" of the fire red, and/or keen to see whether anyone out there has a fire red program with a twist ?

null_zpsc7884690.jpg

Looking awesome dude, I've read a few people have been trying to strengthen up the colour of their reds by using the reds from chocolates as they seem to have a deeper, more solid red. I can't wait to see your results dude, very exciting! :victorious:

lovin the deeper red! cant see anything but positive results with this mix!

goodluck :)

Already starting to see some nice reds in there. The reds I sent you ages ago where f2/3 from the same type of program with some of the original breeders mixed in. I have recently found 3 females that would have been fry from them in the tank they came from that are a really dark red, im glad they survived as that tank has been an african cichlid display for 6 months or more haha. Best of luck with the program I think its a good way to get colour in the males.

Cheers mick

Nice reds, BB, and I thought I was the only one with hair algae in their tanks?

You even grow that better than me, bugga it!!!!!!!

Nice reds' date=' BB, and I thought I was the only one with hair algae in their tanks? You even grow that better than me, bugga it!!!!!!![/quote']

That's clado......Yes, I do grown them well :-( Also got hair algae on another, BUT starting to disappear with 50% reduction in light source. Been siphoning the clad, and slowly winning the battle :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing! Reds have always been my favorate cherry. And these look awsome for f2's. Unfortunately my reds are my lowest quality/worst colour shrimp :(. Your breeding programs always get me excited! Keep up the good work

Exhausted with work 2day….so home shrimp staring & pics ….

null_zps6e88c480.jpg

null_zps36412bef.jpg

Not getting the detail (colour) in the legs ATM, but early days on the breeding program :-)

Stunning colours dude, you're always blowing my mind, thanks for sharing! :victorious:

Now back to Shrimp Staring! :encouragement:

Nice BB' date=' I'm beginning to line breed some reds from choc parents. Much nicer colour.[/quote']

Agree, I like cherries bright and glowing, like the yellows, sunkist etc...so all my cherry program is aimed towards more colour vibrance, instead of the deep dark red....just a personal preference for me.