Dead shrimp :(

Dean

Hi guys,

Some of you may have noticed I have not been around much lately as I have been super busy

With work (tiling business).

I have only had time to go into my shrimp room maybe once every 7-10 day and have not really done much other than have a quick look and feed.

So when I went in there I noticed a lot of dead shrimp and did a few test and found my nitrates where off the chart at 160+.

I tried to find the cause and after a close look found a packet of food that I thought I chucked on top of the cover glass had missed and fallen in a tank behind a big ball of moss.

So a little disappointed with myself as I have lost 80-90% of my shrimp :(

So I won't have any shrimp for sale for a few months now.

Sux a little but it's just part of the hobby :)

Dude, that sucks. Sorry for your loses. No doubt you will rebuild, bigger and better!!!!! And we'll all await eagerly for another massive shrimp sale :D If I had shrimp worthy of inhabiting your tanks I'd send some your way.

Holy crap dude, that suck big time! Hope everything comes good & I'm glad you've found the source of the spike. I'll gladly donate anything I have spare to help out if you need it, just let me know. :encouragement:

I cant imagine how devastating this would feel. Truly sorry to hear it.

Dean, just say the word mate and I'll send you some shrimp to help fill some of the holes.

:( sorry to heard that mate that must to p*** you off :( so sorry, as the guys say you will re build your shrimps and they will be better good luck

Dean if there's anything YOU need that we have then don't hesitate To call :)

happy to throw u some kk,rw,bb's :) and anything else u need

Oh Noooo...Mate! crap! So it happens to the best of us too not just me (bad luck I mean!) huh? If there is anyway I can help just let me know, you have always been there for us. Really sorry to hear of your misfortune mate! But knowing you, will be up again in no time.

Dean - Sorry to hear about the losses!!

As the others have metioned if there is anything you need - just yell ;)

• HOF Member

BUGGA so sorry for your losses. I have some of your Chocolates, Rilis, the Panda and a heap of young Blue. Velvets first generation from your Rilis. Say the word and I will send them to you.

Shite Mate, that's is a something thing I would do if I was distracted, so sorry for your loss, want anything, need anything, just ask, they are yours?

Very sad news Dean!! Can't imagine how you feel right now!

As others have said, let me know if I have any shrimp you need for restocking!

Thanks guys for all the kind offers and words.

I'm not overly fussed and once I quiten down with work I

Will get back on top in no time :)

Damn terrible news :-) Must be sooo devastating, but no doubt many many of us will help you re-stock :-)

That's a tough break DAM

See that dirty 4 letter word get in the way all the time, the one that starts with W

Bob

Sorry about losing your shrimpies Dean. im sure you will get back to it in no time. If you need anything let me know, will help you out where i can.

Sorry to hear if I can help let us know.Can say I know how you feel 12 years back work got in the way and lost 32breeding pair of discus and fry from about 60 4ft tanks.3 years worth of breeding down the drain one thing I learnt Is even after all that I will always keep fish no matter what.

Sorry to read the bad news! Happens to the best of us, so chin up and soldier on! :encouragement:

I'm sure you're shrimp room will be even better than before in no time.

sad news Dean, As the others have said anything you need just yell

OH NO! :dejection: I'm sorry to hear about your shrimp, Dean!

But hey, crap happens and at least you know the cause of your shrimp dying.

If there is anything I can do to help...let me know! :encouragement: (I can't send you any special shrimp...but I could send you a tiler :congratulatory:)

Very sad news. However its fantastic the response from the members on this forum. Hope to see you back into it bigger and better than before.

Damn, so sorry to hear...

Hopefully with your level of expertise you will have hundreds of shrimps swimming around in no time!;)