Moss Tying Made Easy

JohnH

I was in my local fishing tackle shop on the weekend when I spotted this product called Bait Mate. http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Fish-Eagle-Bait-Mate-3-Pack.aspx?pid=129822#Cross

I used it a number of years ago and it is a string like material that sort of sticks to itself. You can wrap it around bait on a hook and it will keep it all held together. Anyway the light went on and I thought I would give this a go for some moss tying. No knots required. Just wrap it over itself a few times and it all holds together.

Floating US Fiss ball

PA010789_zps90fcbf1e.jpg

I did 8 US Fiss squares onto SS mesh in about 2 minutes. It used to take me forever using cotton.

PA010785_zpse1d3754e.jpg

Dam and I just had some tiles made with holes in the corners, OH well at least they are flat black LOL.

Looks good, Do you think it will rot away John?

Bob

I'm happy to be the test bunny on this stuff. It's been 48 hours and the yellow cherries in the tank all seem as per normal

Dam and I just had some tiles made with holes in the corners' date=' OH well at least they are flat black LOL.

Looks good, Do you think it will rot away John?

Bob[/quote']

Dunno Bob, I guess it will eventually rot away. By that time the moss should have taken hold.

• HOF Member
Wow' date=' what next, good for soft bait eh?[/quote']

The number of times I have cast out and lost my bait -this might be the answer to not losing it

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome dude, some very positive results, I got some of this the other day, works a treat. :victorious:

• 3 weeks later...