CBS turned CRS then died

LandCruiser

ok so i got 6 the other weekend my mate also got 6 within a few days one of his went red then a week later mine are starting to get reddish brown bands rather then black

so anyway mine went red over the last 24 hours and didnt move i went down the road and came home an hour later and it was brighter red i then checked again an hour later and it was darker red and dead...

whats going on?:cower:

First thing you need to do is a water check. Eg- ph, tds, amonia, nitrate and so on. If you don't hv the test kit then your LFS should be able to do it for you. We need more info on your water para.

Do post your WP, and info on age of tank, and other details that may affect them....nevertheless, do a 10% WC....

It has been getting quite warm up here, particularly if the tank is in a stuffy room/lids are on etc. My red cherries have gotten to 29 in the last week :( (hence me relocating tanks downstairs to a cooler area)

Luckily, the highest my CRS have gotten to is 26.5. Can someone let us know what the highest water temperature they're CRS or similar have survived through. Actually any kind of shrimp would be helpful, every bit of info on these little creatures would be useful. I've heard of Cherry Shrimp being wintered outside in ponds and survive, so what is the highest temp recorded.

My yellow cherries made it through a 29° day last summer, I almost didn't though, I was freaking out the whole day, lol :encouragement:

My yellow cherries made it through a 29° day last summer' date=' I almost didn't though, I was freaking out the whole day, lol :encouragement:[/quote']

They seem pretty tough the Cherries, but I really would like to see the highest temp someone has recorded on CRS etc. I'd be freaking out as well.

When I had my fish room fully setup for breeding I survived a 40 degree plus day with only one Fronny juvenile dying, the water was 32 degrees.

I had wet sheets and towels draped over the tanks with floor fans blasting the sheets, it worked.

Wow dude, that's pretty full on! Great result though. :encouragement:

Yeah I was pretty worried, it was about a 40° day but the tank temp only got to 29° cause I has fans going & the garage door slightly open to get the breeze going. I'm very interested to find out about Caridina sp & how the different variations deal with the heat :victorious:

My first relocation downstairs was my CBS, i suspect they were dying off in the 29deg heat.

I find that keeping crystals over 25+ degree is very hard to breed.they might survive at 27-28 degree but they won't breed in that temp.