Chiller

Rambozo

Well I've been out since I put the fan on the tank, roughly 400*300*350. When I left around 11.30 it was 24.7 now it's 23.5 with temperature in the room at 27 degrees at 2.30pm.

All in all a very worthwhile experiment and I saved myself the price of a chiller.

Oh I forgot, yesterday the temperature in the room was around the same and the temperature in the tank was 26.5 degrees, a very pleasing result.

Definitely a pleasing result' date=' 3 degrees from a fan is very handy on hotter days. :victorious:[/quote']

Its definitely a pleasing result, I just got my electricity bill, talk about bill shock. A chiller on top of everything else would have been the straw that broke the camels back.

I might get rid of all my big tanks and go holus bolus into shrimp.

Unfortunately what you have just linked is only a temperature controller.

This still needs to be plugged into fans or a chiller.

Well that is why I am here and I. Guess why it is so cheap.

Thanks for that.

Good to see that so e good come of it though. I will be getting some fans for the hot summer ahead.

Chiller

Just one more thing, if you're living in a cold area and the night time temperature drops quite a bit, just make sure you turn the fan off, this almost works too well.

I went back into the room an hour later and the temperature in the tank was 22.2. Normally aquarium temperatures don't move that fast, just goes to show the power of the fan.

Just one more thing' date=' if you're living in a cold area and the night time temperature drops quite a bit, just make sure you turn the fan off, this almost works too well.

I went back into the room an hour later and the temperature in the tank was 22.2. Normally aquarium temperatures don't move that fast, just goes to show the power of the fan.[/quote']

You could always invest in the temperature probe that rambozo posted. Would turn the fans on and off as required :)