Shrimp Recipes

DeagonTheo

Anyone got any good Shrimp recipes. No not really.

I'm from beautiful Brisbane but the weather is getting a little bit warm here lately, over 30 for the last few days. I'm getting a bit worried about my CRS the tank temperature is 26.5 degrees! how much can these little blighters take.

What do people do besides air conditioning and ice filled bottles in the water.

It has been warm that last few days, most people use small chillers but if you are chilling multiple tanks then your best off with AC & bottles of frozen water are definitely a cheap effective option for multiple tanks. :encouragement:

I wouldn't let the temp get much higher, you will probably start seeing adverse effects on your shrimp. :dejection:

It has been warm that last few days' date=' most people use small chillers but if you are chilling multiple tanks then your best off with AC & bottles of frozen water are definitely a cheap effective option for multiple tanks. :encouragement:

I wouldn't let the temp get much higher, you will probably start seeing adverse effects on your shrimp. :dejection:[/quote']

I know it's getting pretty bad and this is only the start of Spring, I'm hoping it will cool down a bit shortly because I've got a couple of preggers CRS and I don't want to lose the little Shrimpies.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan

4 cloves garlic, crushed away from skin

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

24 jumbo shrimp (preferable KingKong or BlueBolt but when the budget is tight Red Cherries will do), peeled and deveined, tails in tact

2 teaspoons grill or steak seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick) or coarse salt and pepper

1 lemon, zested and juiced

2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, a handful

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Toss with lemon zest, juice and chopped parsley. Remove shrimp to a serving platter leaving the garlic cloves in the pan.

Recipe from:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html

Nom nom nom

• Like 1

Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil' date= 2 turns of the pan

4 cloves garlic, crushed away from skin

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

24 jumbo shrimp (preferable KingKong or BlueBolt but when the budget is tight Red Cherries will do), peeled and deveined, tails in tact

2 teaspoons grill or steak seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick) or coarse salt and pepper

1 lemon, zested and juiced

2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, a handful

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Toss with lemon zest, juice and chopped parsley. Remove shrimp to a serving platter leaving the garlic cloves in the pan.

Recipe from:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html

Nom nom nom

LOL! but how many of us will just eat it without the shrimp or give up when it is time to prep the shrimp?

Recipe looks good, BUT not keen on getting my BB legs stuck between my teeth ... :p

A/C the room...adds comfort to you and the shrimp... it'll work out to be a cheaper alternative, espacially once you've built you rack.....and don;t say never :-)

Recipe looks good' date=' BUT not keen on getting my BB legs stuck between my teeth ... :p

A/C the room...adds comfort to you and the shrimp... it'll work out to be a cheaper alternative, espacially once you've built you rack.....and don;t say never :-)[/quote']

It's a fish breeding room, I've already had racks and sumps. Now I just have some giant tanks which I don't have to worry about as they contain Discus and Fronnies etc. I might have to drill a hole in the side of the fridge and run some tubing through it just for the CRS. Or stick them in a goldfish bowl and put them in the fridge.

I might have to look at that recipe if it gets any warmer, looks delicious.