Sign in to follow this  
Q_man-97

were to post O_o

Q_man-97

hey everyone so i ummm found this stuff in my filter but i have no idea what it is so i dont know what part of the forum i should put it on and it is not the media :confused:

Wraithie

Have you got a photo?

Q_man-97
Have you got a photo?

yeah i do i took lots of them but no idea were to put them on here it is kinda like a plant but then like algae

ineke

If you think it might be algae there is a topic thread for that but you can probably just post here and if it ends up a big post on the subject the moderators can shift it.

Q_man-97
If you think it might be algae there is a topic thread for that but you can probably just post here and if it ends up a big post on the subject the moderators can shift it.

okay then thank you i was just worried if i posted it in the wrong place i would get in trouble

ineke

No you just get your post moved. Personally I would put it in the algae thread

Q_man-97
No you just get your post moved. Personally I would put it in the algae thread

okay then thank you will do i hope someone will be able to help me with it cos i have never seen it in my life

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Zoidburg
      Thought worth mentioning as many people aren't aware and I have heard of deaths when Bacter AE was used.... most often when fed "too much", even if within the guidelines of the manufacturer. :) 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I use less of most things in reality than recommended by the manufacturers! Simon
    • Zoidburg
      Just a word of caution on the Bacter AE... the spoon it comes with is considered over-dosing to most people who use it... and if a tank doesn't have enough aeration, can cause shrimp deaths. Many people I see who use this product tend to under-dose it to prevent deaths although one person had to completely stop using it entirely.   You may want to try and stick with an algae/vegetable based diet (great idea with the kale!) and add in protein occasionally... which may come in the form of fish food? (since it is a mixed tank...)
    • Zoidburg
      Just to give an update.... the "green fungus" is not ellobiopsidae as many people have come to accept, but rather a parasitic algae. Some people have had success treating it using a product such as Kordon Rid Ich Plus soaked food, garlic soaked foods or similar methods. "Lights out" and frequent water changes have helped for some others. As per new research, it is known as Cladogonium ogishimae http://aquariumbreeder.com/ellobiopsidae-or-cladogonium-ogishimae-green-fungus-in-shrimp-tank/
    • Steensj2004
      I’m anticipating some losses for sure. I am feeding Shrimp Fit, in hopes to help boost health.   The HOB filter has done an excellent job of clearing up/ polishing the water. Baby shrimp are appearing and scurrying around more regularly now.