Start from scratch.

beginner

After wiping out my first colony of shrimps - with advice from forum members and information on this site - started from scratch. following some pics - thanks all.post-3146-139909863943_thumb.jpgpost-1567-139909863946_thumb.jpg

post-2944-139909862905_thumb.jpg

post-2944-139909862906_thumb.jpg

Looking very good dude, fingers crossed this time everything works out! Berried & saddled girls are a good start. :victorious:

It's good to see you having another go, better luck this time!

Thanks all - will keep you posted.

p.s

do shrimps attack & kill their own kind?

I once noticed a shrimp get attacked and eaten alive after moulting, this is when they are most vulnerable. I have also had a few go missing overnight...with lids on tanks, my only conclusion is they died and got eaten as no shrimp carcass was found.

CNgo2006 - yeah this morning my CBS swimming round n followed by cherry - tonite found it dead with cherries munching on it.

does this mean not being fed enough?

CNgo2006 - yeah this morning my CBS swimming round n followed by cherry - tonite found it dead with cherries munching on it.

does this mean not being fed enough?

No...these things happen, it may have just moulted and was easy prey, just make sure there are plenty of hiding spots so it can get away from others if required.It Does not mean you have not fed them enough.

Usually if a shrimp or fish dies in the tank, then the other inhabitants will see it as a food source.

But that doesn't mean the other shrimp would have killed it though!

Have seen mine fight and wrestle but nothing more than that!

Sorry to hear of your loss mate.