New to forum

Androo

Hi, my names Andrew.

iv had shrimp almost 12 months now. I wasn't aware of this forum until last week when someone mentioned it. I'm very eager to learn as much as I can. I pride myself on trying to setup aquariums to suit the inhabitants and not so much suit the viewer.

I'm sure ill have hiccups down the road and hoping to get help from those who have been going shrimp along time.

Cheers

• HOF Member

Hi Andrew you have come to the right place to share your hobby. Heaps to see and learn here and plenty of like minded people willing to share their knowledge. What shrimp do you have? We love to see people's setups so put some pictures up and tell us about your shrimp. The more you post the more you see. Hope you enjoy our forum.

Welcome to the forum Andrew. You will learn everything you will need to know about shrimps and more om here. Wecome to the best shrimp forum on Aust :)

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to be to learn about shrimp, also the best place for help, support & community. Ask as many questions as you like cause we don't believe in dumb questions here. Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:

oL3Pq_zpsa18c9cd3.gif

Sounds good dude, I feel I must warn you that shrimp are highly addictive & are a gateway hobby to MTS(Multi Tank Syndrome) before you know it you'll have ten tanks & twice as many shrimp species, lol :smiley_simmons:............You have been warned! :victorious:

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum :) Post up some pics of your tanks when you get a chance.

Welcome to SKF....we're a hard core shrimp group. Although we appreciates great looking Aquascape/Tanks, we equally appreciate great shrimp/natural environments too...so pics please !

Iv been breeding cichlids for a while. Had 21 tanks at the height of it. But bought a Bichir and the trade off with the mrs was that I had to downsize. So I'm down to 6 tanks and I need to get it down to three tanks. Tried posting a pic but it didn't work. But they were not full tank shots as the tank they are in currently looks terrible. Not display in the slightest nor natural for the shrimp. Hence the nano will be highly planted. So when I have it setup ill post pics, sorry about that. Ill be looking at many of the pics on here hoping to get ideas and doing my research. I understand the cichlid habitat a lot more then shrimps hence why I will ask a lot if questions.

We have a few WA members with very nice collections of shrimp :)

post-2318-139909863907_thumb.jpg

post-3743-139909854973_thumb.jpg

sorry not best photos. iPhone shots.

Will try get some of my chameleons. They are a little photo shy, well I only see them when I start moving stuff looking for them except their young, iv got to batches that hatch lately, so excited to see colour as the grow.

post-3750-139909853655_thumb.jpg

post-3750-13990985366_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andrew!! Like fish keeping, with shrimp it's all about getting the water right and the rest just happens!!

Thanks for sharing your pics! Great looking shrimp, it's amazing how quick they grow and colour up!

Ask as many questions as you need. Even if you think it may sound silly, you may be asking a questions others had not even thought to have asked!

Welcome & enjoy!!

YAY!!! One of us! One of us! :victorious: Awesome looking Chameleon dude, they are one of the nicer coloured natives. :encouragement: