Internal parasite clear not working

Shelly_shells

Ok, if the standard four tests(ph, ammonia, nitrite & nitrate) are all normal then we have to explore the next most common ones, GH is you waters General Hardness & is the amount of calcium & magnesium in your water, your shrimp need these to grow & moult. KH is the waters Carbonate Hardness & is the amount of carbonate & bicarbonate anions in the water, this help buff your water & causes the ph to stay stable at alkaline levels. TDS is the Total Dissolved Solids in your water, the amount of organic & inorganic substances contained in a liquid in different suspended forms. I have a feeling that because you are using tap water your KH & TDS will be quite high & may be the problem. :dejection:

Using tap water with stress coat. Test kit just has ph' date=' ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Api. Lost two cherry's. my berried female is looking like she's on the way out too. So disappointed with myself, has obviously been something I've done to make it this way. If I knew how to fix it I would. I just don't know what to do.[/quote']

How long have you had this tank?

Clearly the issue developed only after the treatment. How many water changes and at what % have you done since the treatment?

Do a 20% water change every two days maybe to reduce what ever is in the water.

As for API Stress Coat, it's not the best product out there for shrimp nor is it particularly economical as a water conditioner.

Why?

http://www.apifishcare.com/pdf/Stress_Coat_NG.pdf

Section 3 - COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTSNAME %

Aloes, extract 1-10%

non hazardous ingredients, proprietary 1-10%

water >80%

It's mostly water.

The dechlorinising ingredients only make up 10% of the total bottle.

And the other 10% is aloe extract.

As per their own description - "STRESS COAT, with the healing power of Aloe Vera, is scientifically proven to reduce fish stress and heal damaged tissue. It forms a synthetic slime coating and replaces the natural secretion of slime that is interrupted by handling, shipping, fish fighting, or other forms of stress. Helps reduce susceptibility to disease and infection. Helps heal torn fins and skin wounds. Reduces electrolyte loss."

Aloe does very little for shrimp. Shrimp don't have a slime coat.

Instead get this when you finish that bottle (I don't want to suggest throwing it out, since it's not mine).

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/4233-The-Best-Water-Conditioner-(in-my-opinion)