Ro water setup

Hughes78

Sorry if I missed you mentioning that it's new substrate.

No use vacuuming and syphoning new substrate.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hughes78

• Squiggle

• jayc

• blindfisherman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if I missed you mentioning that it's new substrate.

No use vacuuming and syphoning new substrate.

All good buddy, I wasn't trying to disagree with you, hahaha. :victorious: I figured that one slipped past & went straight through to the keeper, lol :smiley_simmons:

I figured that one slipped past & went straight through to the keeper' date=' lol :smiley_simmons:[/quote']

Uh yep. :p

When ileft for work the tds were 220 ( at 7.45 am ) checked when I got home I checked again and was 218 so I think taking out the eheim pro has worked so going to do a water change to drop the tds. What should I get the tds to before adding the shrimp minerals . Also what is the best for the tds to sit on for f3 mishlings ?? Cheers Daniel

You should mix the water to a TDS of about 70-80ppm before you add it to the tank & the with water changes you should bring it down to about 100. SaltyShrimp specs say to get the water to an EC of 200, which, depending on your TDS pen, should be around 100-140ppm. :encouragement:

Ok cool so don't follow the instructions on the container ( I did and now it's over 300 beginners stuff up) ill do a water change to bring it down hopefully that will work)

I'm guessing you're using Bee Minerals GH+ yeah? It says to add 1 scoop per 25L(I think) & that is just a guide if you don't have an EC or TDS pen, otherwise you add to the water & agitate the water with an airstone to mix the minerals in & test the EC/TDS with your pen after a few minutes to make sure you have to correct concentration. :victorious:

Yes your right I have done a water change and now at 220 is that alright or will I need to drop a bit more only got rillis in there at the moment as ph is 6.5 ammonia 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates 3 ??

Personally I would lower it to at least 150ppm but I think the rilis will be ok while your still bringing it down, they can handle higher than CRS/CBS & mischlings. :victorious: