help with water conditioner

cgm90

hi guys as im sure this topic has been covered before but ive just bought myself a rodi system in preperation for when i get the new tank and i would like to change my water conditioners to shrimp conditioners and im not sure which way to go im currently using

- Continuum fraction (was using because i didnt have ro water)

-Aquasonic tropical water conditioner

- Discus softener

-API quick start for my live bacteria

all my shrimps are fine and breeding very rapidly but as said before i would like to use shrimp specific minerals especially when im spending alot to get a tank built for them

You shouldnt need water conditioner if you have rodi unit. To remineralise the ro water, i use salty shrimps mimerals. You can get it from the sponsors like BossAquaria or AquaKitz.

+1 agree, conditioner is not needed with RO/DI & the best product for remineralizing the water is SaltyShrimp. :victorious:

thankyou :), just the general salty shrimp?

so in saying that with the ro/di water you dont need conditioner the exact same principal will go for my tropical tank?

If you are keeping/breeding the bee shrimps like crs, cbs and taiwan bees use Salty Shrimp (Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+).

You dont need water conditioner at all if you are using ro water, unless you mix it with tap water.

awesome thankyou very much for the help :), as you could guess im new to the whole RO water side :), will order some salty shrimp in the next day or 2

You'll still need to put some minerals back into the water for your tropical tank, there are a few good ones for fish like Seachem or Aquasonic(Aussie company) :victorious:

Ye im using the aquasonic tropical at the moment so ill keep that with my tropical tank to keep the minerals up