Sign in to follow this  
Gbang

a video on how to keep taiwan bees!!!

Gbang

hey guys don't know if everyone has seen this but check it out. a video from zee germans on how they take care of their taiwan bees!

and could the oxidiser be the key?

Foxpuppet

Very informative thanks for sharing, I would like further info on the oxidizer, couldn't really see the workings of it.

BlueBolts

Thanks Gbang for sharing. Very informative and many hints on the breeding of Taiwan Bees there !

Foxpuppet, from all counts of research and knowledge, the Oxydator is exactly the element I'm looking for my tanks. Have placed my order with bossaquaria, and will report the results/difference in a few weeks !

Gbang

I believe the lady said that the extra oxygen aids in good bacteria growth that gets rid of further nitrates and so forth? Eliminates bad bacteria as well? And the shrimp seem to go crazy ard it. Have seen a few pages on Facebook where people swear by the oxydators too!

Dan_97

I like this video, I don`t know if it`s her accent or if it`s just informative :D It would be very good for people just getting into shrimping!!

Sprae

Going to do exactly what the video are advising. Nice to have them confirm by experienced breeders.

Dan_97

Yeah I might try that too. Does anyone know where I can get Akadama (Preferably online as it is hard to convince Mum to travel 45 minutes for some soil XD).

Gbang

there's something about a mature lady with a german accent that makes you listen without any doubt of her credibility isn't it? lol that's a joke by the way not a suggestion i totally believe her! plus those shrimp are living proof :) from what i gather about her video these are the main points of taiwan bee shrimp keeping

1. excellent filtration

2. lots of oxygen

3. moss for bacteria

4. reverse osmosis water with the bee shrimp mix or any good mineral mix

5. powdered food and fresh veggies for the babies to eat! (bee pollen highly reccomended)

6. very little water changes/less than 5% for sure!

anything else that i missed anyone?

durro68

5. powdered food and fresh veggies for the babies to eat! (bee pollen highly reccomended)

has anyone tied bee pollen?

I just ordered 1kg - I imagine this will last along time feeding shrimp so if a few people want to get some send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you off some ..... limited to the first 5 PM's ..... sorry!

Heavyd

I am keen PM sent.

Dean

i have been using bee pollen for about 2 months now and think it is the bomb.

the shrimp absolutely love it and the babies go crazy also. the best part is it slowly dissolves into tinny particles which float all around the tank

and get stuck in the moss and sponge filter and there are always shrimp feeding on it.

i use it 2 times a week and 3 times in tanks with lots of babies.

1 kg will last you 2 years at least i think.

i got a 250g bottle and have not even made a slight dint in it yet.

post-23-139909845758_thumb.jpg

MatBlack sent me this pic when i was first thinking about trying it.

post-29-139909845693_thumb.jpg

durro68

I got mine - not organic so removed link .....

I got the powdered form ....

Dean

just be sure it is 100% organic mate, dont want to kill your shrimp :)

durro68

Just emailed them to confirm!!!

matblack
has anyone tied bee pollen?

I just ordered 1kg - I imagine this will last along time feeding shrimp so if a few people want to get some send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you off some ..... limited to the first 5 PM's ..... sorry!

They love bee pollen get it from the health food shop

Sprae

Looks like I'm visiting a health food shop tomorrow! :P

Gbang

i got mine from go vita if that helps

Dean

ill give you some when i see you next mate, all good.

Looks like I'm visiting a health food shop tomorrow! :P

Loach

This food looks interesting. I will be sure to check it out at the health food store soon!

Foxpuppet
Just emailed them to confirm!!!

did you hear back yet? keen to give this a try... plus i can buy it for my wife to have in her morning smoothie ;)

durro68

The stuff they are selling is not organic!

Dean

the pic that i posted in the post already is organic and can be found at almost all health food shops that have pollen.