Our latest tank

KiwiBigD

So a while back Gary aka 2OFUS threw up the following tank to give away

post-1355-139909863788_thumb.jpg

I hadn't been looking to do another tank so quickly but we decided it'd make a perfect propagation tank so we arranged to grab it and another member on here was kind enough to drop it to us as we couldn't get down to meet him.

We removed the back piece of glass as it had been fitted previous for a weir, cleaned with vinegar and painted the stand black

null-59.jpg

A mate gave us an Eheim 2217 so then it was a case of pick up some tubing, have a chat with Adrian and arrange a CO2 unit and throw in an inline heater

null-71.jpg

Found a 150W LED light on Ebay for $100 so that had to come as well, plus of course a set of CAL pipes

null_zpsd4049bb8.jpg

null_zps2c682e1b.jpg

null_zpsb451f8a3.jpg

Final result is a pretty sweet propagation tank for our favourite stems and pieces

null_zps2d605257.jpg

Pretty happy with the final result which has now been running sweetly for about 3 weeks, plants are looking happy and yes we're using the new substrate designed for plants. Normally I'd use ADA but wanted to see how the new one compares. We're hoping to add a trio of guppies to the tank soon, purely to add additional crap to the tank, can't beat natural fertilizer

post-277-139909862742_thumb.jpg

Looks great, and well done on putting it all together. What plants are you propagating ? Are you gonna heavily dose iron to achieve more redness from the plants there ?

Very nice Davin' date=' I also noticed you have a nice TB list going on there! LOL![/quote']

Nice list, but you're missing the green hulk :rolleyes: .... Only kidding....

Nice list' date=' but you're missing the green hulk :rolleyes: .... Only kidding....[/quote']

I love green hulks, can't wait to get my hands on some!! When they are available and saved enough for my trip 1st, I'm happy to "baby sit" some for you BB! Haha.

Nice list' date=' but you're missing the green hulk :rolleyes: .... Only kidding....[/quote']

Currently its missing ;-) Yeah, the list isn't bad, that is only one tank though, there are a few others as well with a couple of small projects on the go but I'm pretty happy on the whole.

Got the Seneye setup as well and after 28 hours its finally stable and getting good readings. Ph is slightly higher than expected at 6.69 but I have noticed the substrate is not as fine as ADA powders so that could have an effect. I also need to up the CO2 a bit more as well and ammonia is sitting at 0.001 which I'm okay with. Most stems are looking pretty happy bar a bit of algae on two plants but its controllable.

Actually on the TB list we're now sitting happily with about 20 Ruby Reds, 6 are from Mishling x Mishling crosses however they're a completely seperate line so in their own tank and I hope to breed them true eventually as its a line of genetics I thought we'ld lost.

Its the Dupla Reactor S so yeah its a bit of an overkill but its all fully sealed and self contained, the only issue I encountered with it is the reduced flow rate as its 9mm in/out so adds a bit of pressure buildup but its working brilliantly for me

Looks great' date=' and well done on putting it all together. What plants are you propagating ? Are you gonna heavily dose iron to achieve more redness from the plants there ?[/quote']

Yes I'm dosing Iron, need it in a better form that chelate though.