<em>hello world</em> :D

andii

Hey all,

Just a quick intro about myself. Just recently turned 28 (26/08) and I live in the west side of Melbourne.

Am a total newbie at Shrimps.

I recently started off with a Juwel Vio 40 tank.. Had a couple of tetras and then I discovered these cherry shrimps..

Had a couple in that tank and it was so fascinating just watching them do what they do. Now I just want more!...

Now I'm looking at starting up a dedicated Shrimp tank so I can learn how to breed and look after them.....

Am slowly taking my time to learn about planted tanks/substrates etc before I go out and buy another tank for my project.

Did I bore anyone yet?? :)

Whooohoooo welcome to another Melbournite... this is the perfect place for noobs, ask lots of questions and you will do well... Welcome :)

As u have already found out they are addictive and lead to the dreaded MTS - multi tank syndrome :) but take heart your not alone

Welcome to SKF. Yes, they're fascinating creatures huh... Research and ask any question, as the right setup is important to achieve success.

Welcome to SKF!

P.S.We love photos here! So why not post some pics of your tank!:encouragement:

Welcome mate, look don't muck around and waste money, you will eventually get the dreaded MT syndrome, so plan a long tank that's divided first up. It's easier to keep larger tanks and you will want different types of shrimp that can't go in the same tank. If you get a tank that's divided into say 3, well then it's only one lot of water tests instead of 3. Lol

• HOF Member

Hi welcome to SKF. Heaps to see and learn here, don't be afraid to ask questions there are no silly questions here so just ask. Hope you enjoy the forum:encouragement:

welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the wealth of knowledge here :) be sure to post some photos :)

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to be to learn about shrimp. Just a warning, these little guys are incredibly addictive. Hope you have as much fun here as we do. :victorious:

monkeypullingdogstail_zps297c159a.gif

Thanks for all your wise words peeps!

I will definitely continue to ask questions !!

I will eventually post a photo of my small tank :)

Welcome Andii, great to have another Victorian on board!

These shrimp are incredibly addictive and lots of fun time spend heaps of time staring at!

Ask heaps of questions, as often as you need. Lots of people here happy to help you get the new tank setup right!!

Welcome!!!!