Tap water better then my fish tank water???

mrguppy

Ok guy yesterday just doing nothing I decided to check the parameters of my water and guess what

Tap water parameters

ph 7.0

ammonia 0.25

nitrate 0

nitrite 0

and this is what concern me my TDS shows 72

Fish tatank

ph 5,5

ammonia 2.0

nitrate 0 nitrite 0

tds. 109'x10 yes that's how it shows me the rereading any help or tip ? Should I start again?

That's interesting, are you sure the tap water TDS is 72, it's not x10 as well? What water ager are you using? The cycle in your tank hasn't started yet so I'd just leave it & monitor it. I'd definitely start thinking about getting an RO unit to help with your TDS. :encouragement:

Yes it is interesting am thinking is the soil are know I think this Bach of of soil is just f up about tap water I did test with the old test kit with the new one and with the stick test and they are all the same Tds I tested 3 times and the same

I don't understand.d why my tank says 109 x10 as it will be

the way around but don't know it's been nearly 7 weeks and this is taking way to long my cherrys are find today I found about 10 more shrimp lets so I have about 30 roughly

should I start again ?

And 1 more thing I had green algae on top of the glass, when I had the guppys and I clean it as much as I could but still green spots that's because of the water evaporates and sticks to the glass where the light was so are know I toke the rocks out but no difference am thinking in selling this tank and buy 2 of 120 l each and that's it what everyone thinks?

That's interesting' date=' are you sure the tap water TDS is 72, it's not x10 as well? What water ager are you using? The cycle in your tank hasn't started yet so I'd just leave it & monitor it. I'd definitely start thinking about getting an RO unit to help with your TDS. :encouragement:[/quote']

Should I get to water from the Lfs? And get shrimp salt for the minerals? How much is an ro unit and where do I connect it ? In to the outlet of the canister or inlet?

Should I get to water from the Lfs? And get shrimp salt for the minerals? How much is an ro unit and where do I connect it ? In to the outlet of the canister or inlet?

You connect reverse osmosis system to water supply and it removes the minerals from the water so you remineralise it then add it to your tank so your not actually hooking it up to your tank in anyway. By using reverse osmosis it allows you to get the water to your required perimeters easier. you can get portable ones which you can like hook up to your washing machine outlet aswell. You can get cheap ones but also be careful about quality. http://www.filtersystemsaustralia.com/ is pretty good and sponsored a recent forum comp

• 1 month later...
You connect reverse osmosis system to water supply and it removes the minerals from the water so you remineralise it then add it to your tank so your not actually hooking it up to your tank in anyway. By using reverse osmosis it allows you to get the water to your required perimeters easier. you can get portable ones which you can like hook up to your washing machine outlet aswell. You can get cheap ones but also be careful about quality. http://www.filtersystemsaustralia.com/ is pretty good and sponsored a recent forum comp

what model of RO system did you run with ozshrimp?