holy SHI ZZLE! HUGE worm in my tank !!!!!

neosin

Almost freaked me out as I've never seen something this big before in my shrimp tank!

Please tell me it's harmless it's friggen like 10-15cm!!!!

IMG_0358.jpgIMG_0363.jpg

It is not a bristle worm so therefore most likely no trouble. Bristle worms are KILLERS.

Take it out any way just to be safe.

Bob

COOOOOOL!

I would leave it in there and study it! :encouragement:

awww man

I can't find it though >_<

How am i supposed to get it if it's deep in the substrate >_<

I could be an earthworm as my substrate is pretty dry and i have plenty of oxygen in the tank

awww man

I can't find it though >_<

How am i supposed to get it if it's deep in the substrate >_<

I could be an earthworm as my substrate is pretty dry and i have plenty of oxygen in the tank

how can your substrate be dry if its submerged in water lol

Earth worms can live underwater for long periods of time, don't know how but they can.

I too was going to say earth worm because of the head on it, but the condemners and experts stopped me from saying it.

Bob

• HOF Member

BOB I thought you were a better man than that, say what you think your knowledge far out ways a lot of people here:encouragement:

No It was not meant like that Ineke, when I put up what I think on some things I get email and PMs saying I am so wrong and I don't know what I am on about, so I don't say much usually and the annoying thing is most who send them have seen the things or kept the things, just read it on the NET. I have had a couple here to.

A classic is from a OS forum that keeps big stuff, I put up some info on a Eel that went against all they thought they knew, no one had been to where they were in the wild, so they really knew not that much but because one of the experts on it said different, it was the way it should be. Funny thing is they could not keep them long term?

Thanks Ineke for pulling me up on that, I am not tactful at all.

Bob

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It could well be an earthworm, I for one would not dispute that. Whatever it is, I don't think it should be in there, so get rid of it if you can?

No It was not meant like that Ineke' date=' when I put up what I think on some things I get email and PMs saying I am so wrong and I don't know what I am on about, so I don't say much usually and the annoying thing is most who send them have seen the things or kept the things, just read it on the NET. I have had a couple here to.

A classic is from a OS forum that keeps big stuff, I put up some info on a Eel that went against all they thought they knew, no one had been to where they were in the wild, so they really knew not that much but because one of the experts on it said different, it was the way it should be. Funny thing is they could not keep them long term?

Bob[/quote']

It happens in most forums, Bob, and I was glad to have found a forum that is different. But to learn that it happens here too is a bit sad. :(

By the way....I was not entirely serious when I said don't kill the worm. I was only joking....

It probably IS best to take it out.

Although I would leave it in there just because it looks harmless....but I don't expect anyone else to do the same. Especially if you have valuable shrimpies in there.

If you catch it' date=' send it to Garnie, lol[/quote']

:congratulatory:

I'd have to agree that it could be an earthworm, looking at the collar behind the head makes me think it is. :victorious:

@Bob, my old man gave me a great piece of info about this sort of thing, if you're in a discussion & you know your facts are right, just let he other person think they're right & when they find out they are wrong, & they always do, they will feel like a bigger idiot for arguing the point. Smart man my dad. :encouragement:

I have had probably 3 or so worms in tanks over the last few years.

I just let them go. I have never seem them attack anything, and would theoretically good for substrate health.

Ultimately I had no idea what they were either, and couldn't be bothered digging through everything to get the bugger out, or wanted to split it in half and them multiple like "Agent Smith".

I'd go with go with the "be safe" option and remove it when you can, without messing things up too much

Maybe before the soil was bagged up by the manufacturer? I've had blackworms turn up in tanks I've never fed blackworms to. :dejection:

Maybe before the soil was bagged up by the manufacturer? I've had blackworms turn up in tanks I've never fed blackworms to. :dejection:

+1 to that.

months after setting up my first tank, I have black/bloodworms (cant remember which ones) running around everywhere. need less to say, my German Breed Blue Ram's devoured them, and then spawned.