Do I give up? A big fail for me trying

mrguppy

Ok guy I think am gonna give up its been month and a half and my tank doesn't look like it will work soi was talking to the wife today and I say to her I was giving up and she say wow this is the first time I heard you say am giving up for something. So I don't know what to do, all my parameters are the same I haven't change the water anymore. And I put active bacteria 4 fish a type of goldfish to give more bacteria to the tank but nothing happen.

i got some water from another guy tank and nothing happen I bought a yes and it says 109 x10

so are know what to do everything is 0 except for the ammonia 1.0 I think my divider is not enough but for what people told me 5 holes of 5 cm each it will do the work and have lots of water flow 3 at the bottom and 2 at the top

so guy what do you recommend?

should I take my canister to my mates fish tank and Waite to it grows bacteria ?

do I start all over again with RO water?

Do I buy 1000000 bottle of active bacteria and fill my tank with that? Will it work? Hahaha

should I change my canister or my media I have aqua one 1200 with ceramic ball prilogi or what ever they call it and ceramic noddles.

should I put matrix rocks or buy a bigger canister ?

please help me with this and tell me what can I do thanks guys my ph is 0432071207

freebies welcome xD

Try with a different test kit? or bring to LFS to test as some kits may be expired and give false readings...

Do you have a heater in there if so turn the heat up a bit!

Can you give a bit more detail so we can help you out?

I'm guessing you are trying to cycle a new tank that has been divided. How big is the tank?

Does the tank have any soil or substrate? If so, what is it?

Are you running any other filters besides the Aquaone 1200? For example a sponge filter?

What water changes have you done since you started the tank?

Is the ammonia coming from the soil (if you have soil) or are you adding it to cycle the tank?

+1 for added info....I appreciate it maybe tedious to post all these details, but it's really the ONLY way that we can fwd the best advise, and not conflicting ones....... so please do take the time, and post picsof your tank too, as a picture tells a thousand words.....

And since the wife said what she sid...you cant give up now....she'll never see you as the same man if you do :encouragement:

Can you give a bit more detail so we can help you out?

I'm guessing you are trying to cycle a new tank that has been divided. How big is the tank?

Does the tank have any soil or substrate? If so' date=' what is it?

Are you running any other filters besides the Aquaone 1200? For example a sponge filter?

What water changes have you done since you started the tank?

Is the ammonia coming from the soil (if you have soil) or are you adding it to cycle the tank?[/quote']

Thank is 3 ft 103 x 55 x 45

Only canister aqua one 1200 ( media eheim ceramic balls, prilogy or what ever they call it, and ceramic noddles )

Double sponge in the inlet and same double sponge with the air pump

Benabachi soil

I was doing 20% water change .

no changes at all I put soil 3 rocks and 1 plants that I had in the old tank

i add water and that's it did not do anythingnalsomexept for the goldfish and today I put cherry shrimp to see how they go

Try with a different test kit? or bring to LFS to test as some kits may be expired and give false readings...

Do you have a heater in there if so turn the heat up a bit!

I did put temp up before at 28c for about 3 weeks but nothings

i did bought new test kit. And says the. Same as the strimp test and the old test and the new test from api

I had shrimps in my tanks within 48 hours with benibachi soil, with a seeded filter. +1 with CNgo2006, check your WP with your LFS. Are you using tap or RO water... maybe worth while testing your tap water..

I had shrimps in my tanks within 48 hours with benibachi soil' date=' with a seeded filter. +1 with CNgo2006, check your WP with your LFS. Are you using tap or RO water... maybe worth while testing your tap water..[/quote']

Yes tap water

I had all ways set the tanks perfect with in 12 hrs fish where in never lost one not even neons

Grab some used filter media such as "dirty" filter floss from a mates tank and chuck that in the tank you are trying to cycle...

Are the goldfish still in the tank? Guessing you moved them out when the cherries went in?

I'm wondering if them moving the soil about in the process of eating has kept ammonia levels high? I know the plant soils will leach ammonia if disturbed, don't know if it is the same for benibachi.

Grab some used filter media such as "dirty" filter floss from a mates tank and chuck that in the tank you are trying to cycle...

I have no one with filter media only my dads has hang on filter hahahaha

Are the goldfish still in the tank? Guessing you moved them out when the cherries went in?

I'm wondering if them moving the soil about in the process of eating has kept ammonia levels high? I know the plant soils will leach ammonia if disturbed' date=' don't know if it is the same for benibachi.[/quote']

Goldfish are on 1 side and the cherrywood on the other side they won't eat them hahahaha should I take plant and rocks out ?

I'd take the goldfish out, they are probably half the problem given they produce copious amounts of waste.

Definitely track down some 'cycled' media from another filter.

Have you cleaned the sponges on the intake and outlet of your filter? If they are blocked/dirty, the filter wont cycle properly.

Yes tap water

You did use a good water conditioner before adding the tap water into your tank, right?

Just checking.

You did use a good water conditioner before adding the tap water into your tank' date=' right?

Just checking.[/quote']

Yes I did use prime

I'd take the goldfish out' date=' they are probably half the problem given they produce copious amounts of waste.

Have you cleaned the sponges on the intake and outlet of your filter? If they are blocked/dirty, the filter wont cycle properly.[/quote']

Filters are brand new

I'd take the goldfish out' date=' they are probably half the problem given they produce copious amounts of waste.

Have you cleaned the sponges on the intake and outlet of your filter? If they are blocked/dirty, the filter wont cycle properly.[/quote']

only inlet got double filter sponge

What is the water flow through the filter like? The sponges haven't reduced it too much?

Pits good very good

Throw your test kit out, do a 50% water change old water, ( water that has stood in a bucket outside in the shade for around 24hrs) put in some live plants, ( Java moss, java fern etc) leave everything else alone, run for a couple of days, add some cherry shrimp or small fish (NOT GOLDFISH) teteras or the like. Sit back and let the tank do its own thing. be patient, DON'T FIDDLE keep your hands out of the tank. and don't give up.

I think am gonna sell my 3ft tank and get 2 small ones and see what happens

From my experience I would choose the 3ft over the 2 small ones. Like squiggle said, the smaller the volume the harder it is to keep stable.

Throw your test kit out' date=' do a 50% water change old water, ( water that has stood in a bucket outside in the shade for around 24hrs) put in some live plants, ( Java moss, java fern etc) leave everything else alone, run for a couple of days, add some cherry shrimp or small fish (NOT GOLDFISH) teteras or the like. Sit back and let the tank do its own thing. be patient, DON'T FIDDLE keep your hands out of the tank. and don't give up.[/quote']

Wayne has given you some very good advice. I have seen some tanks take up to 3 months to cycle. I have gone down the same road as you in the past trying to get a tank to cycle quicker and the more things I tried to fix and the more additives I put in the worse it got. I would definatley not be adding anymore bacteria into the tank. This would only continue the ammonia readings you are getting. Patience Patience is the best thing you can do.

Ok guys just found out that all my cherry ware pretty much females and all berried and about 1 or 2 males there is about 20 shrimplets for what I can see they are so tiny I can't see them by eye this just put my hopes up found some snails too very little ones that means the tank is starting to get life form of different Cain so it's a good sign am gonna Waite to see what happen with the shrimplets if they survive I live the water as it is with out touching it.

how long shrimplets will take to grow a little ?