Beginner Question.. Will not so solid shrimps give solid white Crystal shrimps?

lizhe1985

Just starting to keep CRS, bought 24 shrimps to start with, now only 10 left.... I think the tank is settled, so hoping to get another batch.

Was hoping to get some culls from forum members and breed them, just wondering for higher grade (ss and sss) not so solid parents, would they give solid colour offsprings?

With selective breeding & good water quality you should be able to increase the quality of your shrimp, it will take time but it is possible. A quicker way is to get one really good quality male & keep you existing females with him, then remove the males you already have & any new males you breed. :victorious:

I would say the lower quality SS would be better to start with as they already have the better genes, both are possible but this way you have the pattern & genes already, just have to be strict with you selective breeding & culling. Also, when I say "culling" most of us don't actually cull them, we would rather move them on to someone just starting out for almost, if not, nothing. :victorious: