My neon tetras

Garnelchen

Yesterday, I was given 9 neon tetras.

A friend of mine had bought them for her small (and pretty overcrowded) community tank where they were attacked and mutilated. One of them was killed, another had most of it's tail bitten off :sour:....so my friend asked me to take her remaining tetras.

I put them in one of my new tanks, that I had sort of semi-set up to start it cycling. The tetras seemed happy enough this morning, doing little happy dances and seem to court each other. Even the one with the missing tail.

I hope the little fishies will be all right. They are so pretty....and SO BLUE! :congratulatory:

mushroom.gif

• HOF Member

Neons are great little fish nearly as good as you're Endlers except they are egg layers. I always have a group of about 10 in my tank and love watching them!

Photo? :)

you want to see my poor mutilated tetras? :dejection:

you want to see my poor mutilated tetras? :dejection:

Yes, surely they won't look as bad as the swallow and duck pics. lol

Ok...here are some photos of the tank (which is not really set up yet) and my cute blue fishies! :o

Just cycling and trying to get some plants going. I'll have to move it all again

In the first pic you can see the tetra with no tail :( ...and a couple of the others also have damaged fins. Will the fins grow back?

post-3786-139909854598_thumb.jpgpost-3146-139909854602_thumb.jpgpost-3146-139909854606_thumb.jpgpost-3146-139909863264_thumb.jpg

post-1840-139909852675_thumb.jpg

post-1840-13990985268_thumb.jpg

post-1840-139909852684_thumb.jpg

post-1840-139909852689_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

very nice little fish too. Not sure about growing back but keep an eye out for fungus. If you do get fungus treat with half dose as Neons don't do well with full fungus treatment dose.

I really hope they do grow back! :dejection: But the fish seem happy enough for now.

My biggest problem now is finding a shrimp, that is sort of colour coordinated with the neons. I need Dean's aquamarine cherries! :congratulatory:

And are there any BLUE Endlers available here in Oz? (I've seen blue ones on the net)

I...NEED....BLUE.....THINGS! :smiley_simmons:

Yeah there are Endlers with blue in them, I can see if I can get you some if you want? :victorious:

Something like this? :encouragement:

image_zpscdad2dcb.jpg

• HOF Member

Guppies and Bettas have very nice blues, you can have a few female bettas together if the tank is big enough.

Very cool, hey squiggle make that x 2 blue :)

Very cool' date=' hey squiggle make that x 2 blue :)[/quote']

Bettas or Endlers? :encouragement:

Endlers, I have a little boy of yours care of Tor :)

I might impose upon you to teach me about betta breeding though!

It will be my pleasure, just give me a yo when you want a girl for him & I'll hook you up. :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...
They should grow back in a month or two' date=' looking very cool Garny. :applause:[/quote']

Wow...I think you're right Squiggs! The fish that had no tail now has a very short little fin again! :encouragement:

Awesome news Garny, I knew they would be ok, should be back to normal in no time. :victorious:

• 1 month later...

ooh you have betta Squigs. they are what got me to get my tanks going again.

post-1108-139909855704_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909855707_thumb.jpg

Thats my Pineapple dumbo, hate not being able to get decent girls for them in tassie though

post-3758-139909854339_thumb.jpg

post-3758-139909854341_thumb.jpg

Very nice dumbo plakats dude, Betta Australis is having our IBC International Show this weekend & so far we have over 300 entries, very exciting! :encouragement:

Very pretty!

Trying to decide if i will be in the bad books if i try to go to the betta show as well as melbourne....Jay whats the travel time to caboolture?